I found Fibro pamphlets in drs office!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, May 29, 2009.

1. I was so surprised to see a display of pamphlets in my drs office waiting room. It is small but 15 pages . It is named FibroTogether. It is basically what we all already know but just to get the word out there helps I think. It also lists quite a number of fibro websites. I thought it was possibly pushing a medication but no where in it mentions any. There is hope for us yet! I'll keep hoping!

I went to there website and the forest pharmadeuticals makes milnacipran so I don't know if they are pushing meds or ??? I signed up but will unsubscribe if the info is pushing meds.
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

for sharing this info.

I have a doc appt. next week and will take a look thru the magazines & all , maybe more docs will have these. Good to know this. thanks.

Wish you well
  3. butterfly dream, this was an actual display of fibro pamphlets, not in magazines. Again there is no mention of any med that I saw, just a nice little pamphlet about fibro. Love your name butterflydream!
  4. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Any awareness is awesome!

I was surprised when Fibromyalgia had a code listed on my Dr.s diagnosis sheet (the one they always fill out before you check out)

My Doctor (all of them actually) have never even hinted that Fibro isn't real and serious. They've been so supportive. I know how fortunate I am. I wish more Docs would get educated.