I found glass in heath candy bar!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Jun 2, 2010.

  1. campbeck97

    campbeck97 New Member

    Hi all, this weekend hubby and I was sharing a heath candy bar and i kept feeling this gritty , crucnchy feeling but thought it was just the sugar maybe wasnt dissolved or something but then my tongue started to sting and I spit it out into my hand and looked at and there were shards of glass in it. I called the co. and they said they didnt have any recalls or other complaints for that lot of bars and asked me to place the pieces into very hot water and wait 30 minutes to see if they would dissolve. I did the water test but the pieces were the same, its glass and of course it didnt dissolve.They are mailing me a shipping packet to send to them. I told them I would ship part but not all of it to them in case something came up that I needed proof. I would not sue them(unless it did something serious to me) but did want them to be aware of it, as i worry about kids or others getting some. i also called the store where AI bought them and let them know. I know this has nothing to do with fibro but just wanted people to know. God Bless
  2. gapsych

    gapsych New Member

    I love heath candy bars. Wow, how scary. Did you report this information to the store where the candy bar was bought?

    Thanks so much for this valuable information.

    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2010]
  3. campbeck97

    campbeck97 New Member

    Yes I did report to the store , but dont think they plan to pull them or anything. Im afraid to eat them now. Its scarey to think what all we might be getting in our food and drugs anymore.
  4. quanked

    quanked Member

    kind of stuff happen I have to wonder. I just posted a topic on metal shavings being found in ibueprofen on regular basis.

    This kind of stuff is very worrisome. Who is putting what into our physically consumable products--we must find out who to ask.

    Thanks for reporting this. I am not a face booker or twitterer kind of person but if you are you might want to put this info out in cyberspace. It would be useful to know if others are finding glass in their candy.
  5. shari1677

    shari1677 New Member

    Please keep us posted. I hope you are ok! I'm wondering if maybe you should go to the doc to be sure none of it got stuck in your mouth somewhere.
  6. loto

    loto Member

    I'm glad you shared this with us so we are careful!

    I'm glad you contacted the company.
    I once made a green bean casserole, and my husband almost swallowed what appeared to be some kind of gear (part of one) from machinery.

    Well, we didn't do anything about it---we weren't sure which ingredient of the casserole it came from! Green beans or soup. Should have contacted both companies, but didn't.

    Thanks for doing the right thing!!!!
  7. kat211

    kat211 New Member

    Mine was in a bottle of Aquafina water. I was on a gambling trip bus and cut the roof of my mouth with it. Everyone on the bus was drinking out of the package that mine had come from, there was quite a panic, which sucked b/c we were in the middle of the black forrest in ND. The company sent me coupons for more water. Of course I didn't buy it.

    Take photos. I would also send them and email and get their reply in writing. If it happened to me again I would give the information to a media outlet. There is no reason that glass should be in our food and the company should be held accountable.

    That said, I used to love Heath bars (I'm allergic to milk now so I can't enjoy them)
  8. Janalynn

    Janalynn New Member

    How awful!!!

    You never REALLY know what can end up in our food.
    It's nice they want you to send it back to them, but don't you wonder what they're going to do with it?

    I never trust hamburger. I'm always the one who ends up getting some hard chunk of something - usually bone or something gross. I'm one of those people who if they thought too long or hard about what they were eating would probably never eat.

    A long time ago my next door neighbor called me over the fence to come out and look at something. She had bought ground Italian sausage and brought it out after she'd put it in her skillet getting ready to cook to show me.
    There was actually a large piece of SNOUT. You could actually see the long white hairs coming out of it. Talk about disgusting. She called the company and they sent her a bunch of coupons. Like she was ever going to buy from them again.

    yes I know off topic, but hopefully someone will give us a break and not complain. :)
  9. gapsych

    gapsych New Member

    OMG, I am going to be sick. Great story.

  10. campbeck97

    campbeck97 New Member

    well, since we are talking about gross things in the food we eat, one time while at my aunts she opened a can of campbells chicken noodle soup and it had a whole cricket bug in it, I havent liked canned soup since then. also spinach i found some type of grub worm yucck! Never know what little extras we will find. whats scarey is to think of how many chopped up little varmets weve eaten without knowing. Oh I just remembered another one a girlfriend of mine found a part of a mouse in a pepsi can, and the co. gave her several cases of pepsi for trouble. God Bless us all and our food supply!
  11. kellyamos

    kellyamos New Member

    Hi Camp,

    So sorry to hear that you found glass in your Heath candy bar. I have eaten my fair share of them over the years as I grew up with the Heath family. One of their daughter's Kerry, has been my best friend for over 35 years.

    John L. Heath (owner) sold the company to Leaf in 1985 and then years later I believe Hershy bought it out. If John Heath were alive today and still owned it, I don't believe you would have found anything in any candy bar that is not supposed to be there. He was constantly walking through the plant to inspect everything.

    But, times have changed I guess. Yes, please make sure you keep some of the glass just in case you need it later.


[ advertisement ]