I found something that helps my pain.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by abbylee, Mar 6, 2007.

1. abbylee

abbylee New Member

I posted about this a couple of years ago, but I've not seen anything recently about it, so I hope that by posting this again someone else will be helped.

While at Barnes and Noble, I found what is called "The Miracle Ball." Actually, there are 2 balls and they are about the size of softballs, but they aren't hard like softballs.

I'm not sure of the material, but these balls are similar to balloons (as far as their flexability), and they fit nicely on the trigger points on my back.

They are easy to move around and firm enough to help the pain without causing more pain in the process. (I hope that makes sense.) At one time I used tennis balls, but they are hard and they hurt.)

Rockjs, another member here, bought some when I wrote about them several years ago but she said that she couldn't stand the way they smell. I've not had a problem with the smell, nor have any of my friends who have smelled them. They can be returned, though, if they are offensive to anyone.

I can't remember who, but another member found them on the internet at a lower price, so if you're interested in buying them you may want to shop around. I paid less than $20.00 but that was back then.

I don't work for anyone and am not receiving any kind of commission if you buy them. I'm just sharing something that has helped me.

Please, though, let me know if you buy them and if they help you, or at least share it with our other members. I want to help anyone that I can. I think other fms'ers will agree that if we don't share with one another, no one else will help us. At least not many doctors (in my opinion).

abbylee
  2. LouiseK

LouiseK New Member

i've always wanted those. Here's another thing that works.

Tennis ball in the toe of a stocking cut off at the top of the leg. You can lean the ball against a wall and lean on it and move it around with the stocking leg to keep it from falling to the floor. Use your body weight. Good for back, hips, everywhere. Try it!
  3. pat460

pat460 New Member

I ran across something similar at the mall outside a vitamin shop. It was an insert that you lay in your chair. It had the balls inside it and the bottom you sit on vibrates. The balls(maybe 4-6)move to different parts of your back and you can manipulate the intensity and speed. It felt like getting a massage. It was so great that I didn't want to leave! My little girls kept asking if they could try it and I was like in a minute, in a minute, and just sat where I was! LOL! They were $159.00. As soon as our income tax refund arrives, it is first on my list--oh sure, the property taxes and my new dentures are kind of important--But that sucker is definitely NUMERO UNO!!! LOL!

pat460
  4. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Mine were about $20.00. They're helpful, but certainly not miracles by any stretch of the imagination! I find them most helpful in working the trigger points on my bottom. I roll around on the miracle balls while in a sitting position on the floor. It helps release the trigger points. Trying to roll on a tennis ball on my bottom is just too painful. The miracle balls are softer.
    Best of luck...
    Mini
  5. Shalala

Shalala New Member

you know what? I am ssoooooooooo tired of shelling out money on things. I have piles of pillows and 5 or 6 massage pad things ... oh my. I cannot afford this syndrome.
  6. abbylee

abbylee New Member

You are so correct!! My husband just last weekend bought 2 machines. One is for the feet and the other for everything else. The total bill was $350.00!!

They help him (he doesn't have fms). but they do nothing for me.

I've spent hundreds on back massagers, full-sized sit in the chair for help with the seat and back massagers, five legged dogs with balls on their feet, foot rollers, and Lord knows what else. We probably have $5000 in this junk and nothing really does any good.

Although my doc (whose wife has fms) swears that the fms24fibro cream (not sure that's the correct name but it's similar) is giving his wife "some pain relief."

I found that it's $50.00 a tube and since my pain is full body, once I cover it all, I may have 2 treatments per tube!!

abbylee
  7. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

yes i agree i cant affor this illness either!!!!!! between the conventional meds and the alternative i need to be a millionare but thank you for sharing and onya if it works

love n hugs
    connie