I found something that works for SNORING.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dunnlb, Dec 26, 2005.

1. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

somni snore guard (you can just type this in a search bar and it will show up)

I am told that it is working.

I had the surgery twice where the tonsils and uvula are burned off. Very painful. It wasn't successful at all.

I have tried everything I could think of. I even ordered a chin strap that was aggravating to keep on.

This gadget was very easy for me to get used to, took 3-4 days. At first, it fell out a couple of times at night, but now it stays in all night.

When it first comes, you have to put it in very hot water for 60 seconds, then put it in your mouth. It will mold to the teeth and tongue. Very simple, not complicated at all.
    Snoring occurs a person breathes through the mouth and not the nose. The somni snore guard keeps the mouth closed so you can't breath through it.

[This Message was Edited on 01/19/2006]
  2. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

From the website it looks like you can still breathe through your mouth (one is a two-piece appliance and the other is a one-piece with an opening), but it keeps the lower jaw from dropping back and causing obstruction.

Do you feel like you're getting into deeper sleep and feeling more rested in the morning? My husband has obstructive sleep apnea but has never used a CPAP machine so we don't know if it would help. This sounds very interesting and is pretty inexpensive - I'll show him the information.

Jan
  3. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

The one-piece that I ordered has two small holes in the bottom part which makes it possible to swallow. You can still breathe somewhat through the mouth but not enough to make the snoring sounds.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

What helped my snoring was sleeping with my CPAP machine!

Hugs,
    janet
  5. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

Luckily *I* don't snore..... LOL! ;-)
  6. bozey

bozey New Member

I snore but it doesn't bother me so I don't want one but my husband snores too and he is always asleep before me, so maybe I should get him one so I can get to sleep quicker.

We were married 30 years before he told me that I snore. I said since when? He said always! LOL I can't believe he never told me. Kinda sweet in a way, huh.
  7. Musica

Musica New Member

but it wouldn't stop sleep apneas, right? You would still need a CPAP?
  8. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I am bumping this up because I had put the wrong name of the device in my first post. The correct name is somni snore guard.