I found something that works pretty well...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by btrout, Jul 24, 2003.

1. btrout

btrout New Member

Hi,
    New to the board. I wanted to let you guys know about something that I have tried recently that makes substantial headway against my daytime fatigue. I tried a drug call trihexyphenidyl about a month ago and it is literally the only drug I ever found that helps. It is an anticholinergic that is usually used for parkinson's disease. It decreases cholinergic transmission and so indirectly increases dopaminergic transmssion. Since we're all so different, it would be hard to say how many this would help, but I wanted to pass it along in case it would be useful to someone else. I'd love to know the results if anyone else finds this drug to be helpful.

Brooke
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dear Brooke,

I'm glad you have found something which is helping you. It's interesting because Provigil works in the same area of the brain and it has been helpful for some to fight fatigue.

It had the opposite effect for me, unfortunately, perhaps due to my also taking Klonopin or because I think I had ADHD as a kid.

Love, Mikie
  3. btrout

btrout New Member

Was it the provigil or the trihexyphenidyl that didn't work for you? Provigil made me nervous and then made me feel sick. I actually tried ritalin the other day and it made me depressed in pretty short order. Odd.

Brooke
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Brooke, welcome to the board. Sure glad you have found something for the fatigue.
    It is so miserable when it strikes, the whole world could come tumbling down, and I would not even want to move so it wouldn't me on the head!

Its nice of you to share with us.

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl