I found the culprit that was making me NOT sleep!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poohbearjenn71, Apr 18, 2003.

1. poohbearjenn71

poohbearjenn71 New Member

Well As some of you know I hadn't slept in 6 days... I was really starting to be annoyed by this.... A week ago I was put on two medicines.
    Celebrex (for pain)
    Amitriptyline (for Sleep)
    Well when I took the meds and hadn't slept in 3 days I let my Doctor know and he took me off the Amitriptyline and put me on Zoloft.
    I still had not slept so when I tried for two more days they also put me on the Trazodone. Still no sleep. When taking the Trazodone at night I became very lightheaded and felt really "high" but when I laid down that is all I did... Just laid there!... I found that cutting Celebrex out of the picture let me sleep! And sleep I did! 10 hours of sleep.
    The only bad part of this was when my oldest came in and said my daughter was awake I just couldn't get up! Darling Boyfriend had to get up and take care of her. I just wouldn't budge out of that bed!!! LOL. No problem though... He could use some time with his daughter! LOL... I feel better after getting some sleep. I do have a sore throat (maybe from snoring so hard? LOL) and I feel like my left eye is black and blue. (No brusing but it hurts like H#**!!!!
    Sorry to ramble on. I just had to tell someone I finally got some ZZZZZZ'S!!!!

Jenn
    [This Message was Edited on 04/18/2003]
  2. poohbearjenn71

poohbearjenn71 New Member

Sorry to hear you were also recently Diagnosed. I feel for you. Hopefully we can all find the right mix of meds to help us all get better. I would like nothing more then to have my life back.

Jenn
  3. jstbrznby

jstbrznby New Member

Heck, no apoligies needed when it comes to rambling, I think I am the Queen!LOL I'm always happy to hear of a mystery being solved. WE JUST NEVER know what drug is doing what. I have had things that were suppose to allow me to sleep that I was up on all night, somethings just backfire on us, our metabolism I think takes on a mind of its own. Anyway, glad to hear you are getting your days and nights squared away ! LOL

HUGS.......Pam2
  4. beansma

beansma New Member

I just recently found out the very same thing, except mine was vioxx that was keeping me awake. I was on the vioxx (which is very similiar to celebrex) for about a yr and I hadn't had a good night sleep in about a yr. I literly could not sleep at all without taking a zanaflex before bed and as my body adjusted to that that was not helping. Then I started to get bad heartburn and other acid reflux symptoms so my dr took me off the vioxx and didn't replace it with anything and the second night that I was off of it I had the best sleep ever and I didn't take a muscle relaxer. Now I only need to take the zanaflex if needed for my muscles and not to help me sleep!
    Here's to a good night sleep for all!!!!
    Dawn