I get bloated when I'm hungry, is this normal?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by phoebe1, Jan 17, 2005.

1. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

In fact, I get bloated when I eat, when I don't eat and especially when I exercise.
    Can anyone please help me shed some light on this?
    I have a pretty bad case of IBS and have tried cutting out all sugar, caffeine and carbs but I just get progressively worse when I do this.

When I don't eat for too long and I'm really hungry I get bloated to the point that it's painful and I can't eat even though I want to.
    Sometimes after I've eaten I'm also so bloated that I can't even bend forward, it is really awful. There isn't really a pattern, something that will cause it one day, won't the next.

I have tried a variety of meds and my biggest problem is constipation, I'm guessing that is why I always feel bloated.
    I have also tried a bay leave tea that someone on the board suggested but unfortunately it didn't help.
    Please tell me I'm not the only one...

Phoebe
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Your story sounds like mine.

My abdomen starting bloating, as in HUGE, last October. I was diagnosed with severe IBS and tried different meds, to no avail. The bloating got worse. None of my clothes fit, to this day.

My GI doc starting testing to rule out things. I recently found that I may have 'delayed' stomach emptying aka Gastroparesis. This test was long, but pretty easy. Have you been scoped to check you upper abdomen and esophgus (sp)? This test found severe GERD,a hiatel hernia and a twisted esphogus when I had it done.

See a GI doc if you haven't. Do you feel full quickly, do you feel spasm like symptoms? I bloat with or without food.
    This is a long process, and hopefully, will come to some type of conclusion soon.

I was on Low Carb, but right now with nausea, I have to eat very bland foods. They don't help with the bloat, but I don't feel sick at least.

Sorry this is so long. Just a question, that is close to my heart!

I'll be thinking of you. Just keep pushing for answers.

Hugs,

Kim

[This Message was Edited on 01/18/2005]
  3. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

It always feels better just knowing you're not alone :)
    Thanks for the recipe Pookie I'll give it a try, anything to get rid of this.

Kim, I haven't been tested for gastroparesis, actually I've never been to a GI doc before. I don't feel full quickly to be honest I can eat quite a lot, sometimes it feels like I never get full I even eat more than my husband and he's a lot bigger than me.

Thank you again for your advice I appreciate it!
    Phoebe
  4. moxiepup

moxiepup New Member

Hi Phoebe: I was just going to write and say that I have bad IBS as well and that I take the probiotics sold here Jarro-Dophillus it worked right away for me, then I saw your reply about how much you can eat.

My Niece who is only 24 was getting like this she was so thin and all she did was eat but she always felt bloated like you, to make a long story short after a bad bout of vomiting she ended up in the hosp with Crohn's.

I'm sorry but you described it just like she did and boy can this kid eat!!!

I hope you find your answer,
    gail