I get so down

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kbehy, Jun 15, 2006.

1. kbehy

kbehy New Member

I have been dealing with fm for about a yr, and like to day i realy need a reason to go on. every day i wake up with stiffness and pain, it takes me so long just to get out of bed most days i can deal with it but today i just want to end it this is not living i am on pain meds which means there is an addiction i am not an idiot i know i take avinza and percocets for pain i went 13 days with very little pain i took my avinza but not one percocet i was so happy then 2 days ago it came back it was so bad i was such a fool to think i was cured i was finally going to have a nomal life the joke was on me i am coming here as a last resort how do i handle the depression the pain anything in life
  2. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Oh sweetie! I feel your pain...literally. As I'm sure most of us do.

I've had FM 10/11 years now and I remember what it was like in the early years, when I was 26. I too have felt exactly the same way that you do.

I used to just sit in bed and cry because it hurt too bad to get up and move about.

It is possible NOT to become addicted to pain meds so don't allow that fear to control you. Just alow yourself to do what you can and take the meds you NEED right now.

For me, my FM did improve when I started stretching and exercising.

But I almost slapped my rheumy when he told me to lose weight and exercise. I said "How can you expect me to exercise when it hurts too bad to even get out of bed?"

As time passed I was able to stretch and walk, and now I even go to the gym 4-5 times a week. I cn't do what everyone else does, but I do what I can do and that has to be good enough!

All I'm saying is that there is HOPE. You probably know all of this already but, you will experience pain, period. But you did the right thing posting a message. We all need support and we are here for you!

Maybe you should consider contacting a health care provider you feel comfortable with, or a registered nurse even, and tell them how you are feeling.

The other thing is to remember to adjust your activities when you DO feel better, so you're no down and out again for days.

I hope this helps....

((((((((((((gentle hugs))))))))))))))