I GIVE UP ON THIS **** BOARD !!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debfee11, Feb 6, 2006.

1. debfee11

debfee11 New Member

OK First of all I am 1 weekm on the computer and believe me totally dumb when it comes to this whole new language. Anyway, I wrote to somebody new "redchuk"r somthing to welcome them and I think it was invisible or something. Red responded to everyone but me and I noticed onthe right side where my name is in the reply and underneath my name it says (edit)(delete). Then I also wrote about my horrible EXPLOTION with my husband and now its gone. Pls, am I doing this wrong ? love deb XXX
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

There is always edit delete so you can do either on the side of your own posts-don't worry, you just cannot see anyone else's.

Sometimes people respond to say thank you and do miss out names, often because they just missed them but usually because your post may have appeared later, or hadn't been showing yet when the person replied.

Don't worry, it is just being new to boards. I think maybe someone else may be able to tell you where the rules of the board are, so you get to know how it works.

Hope you aren't feeling so badly. Also posts disappear pages back very quickly so you may need to go back, write "bump" and post the reply(I sometimes write a message then forget to do the post the reply button!) and your post will get bumped to first page.

Love Anne
  3. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Please don't give up! I know it can be frustrating. The people here are very kind and caring. You may want to read the message board rules and new to boards section as these helped me alot.

The edit delete is so that you can edit or delete your own messages. There are a few subjects that are not allowed. Profanity and any talk about doing yourself in. The moderators can remove threads or posts if someone is threatening hostile or things get out of hand in the thread.

Try posting again. A good title helps get you post read. For instance. "Need help with abusive husband" or "Venting about husband." If noone replys then try bumping up your post as this board moves fast. Also try putting paragraph breaks in your post as many here have a hard time reading long posts!

Welcome! Lynn
    [This Message was Edited on 02/06/2006]
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

If you look in the search box, top of each page, and type your title, you will find it is still there. I just checked it to make sure.

There is edit and delete on every response, for us to use after we send the response. I am sure it was nothing personal. I've used this board for years, and know how fast it moves and that our posts can be shoved back several pages.

Home life always seems to be affected when we have these health problems. Some spouses handle these better than others. Have you tried searching for info on the web to share with him?

I hope this helps!

Kim
  5. savefuel

savefuel New Member

Deb, when I did a check on your nic, it showed your posts still available. This site moves pretty fast and it doesn't take lomg to go several pages back.
  6. redchud

redchud New Member

Hi deb

I am so sorry i missed you out i did not mean to, i had so many lovely people welcome me and trying to reply to you all i missed one forgive me please.

I was trying to sort the children out, you see they have gone back to school today and there school has had several cases of meningitis and i was panicking about sending them, that all. Don't give up please you made me feel welcome.

Hope you are well
    Take care

Red
  7. abbylee

abbylee New Member

You might want to reboot your computer. That's what I do anytime something weird happens with mine, And if you call customer no-service, the first thing they will tell you to do (after you've poured your heart out) is to reboot the computer.

It doesn't matter if you tell them that you've done it already, they have secret little gnomes or something that MAKE them request a reboot!

Also, my rule of thumb is to reboot when things act weird, especially if I've not done it in a while. Also update your virus software and spyware software.

8. debfee11

debfee11 New Member

HI Anne,Lynn, Kim, and Red I'm 53 and the last thing I typed on was an old electric typewriter. I don't even have a cell phone because I forget how to do everything. I love seeing the comaradrie between all of us. It;s so frustrating that nobody else "gets" it. I'm just having such a crap day. I can't stop crying!! and Red I didn't mean to point you out I wondered if I was seeing my stuff written but nobody else could - if that even makes any sense, Love to all debbie XXX
  9. redchud

redchud New Member

Hi deb

don't be sorry
    be safe
    be well
    just remember who you are.. wonderful woman

Take Care
    Sending you big {{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}

From Wales

Red
  10. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Don't give up this board is much easyer than lots of boards out there. Please read the rules for the forum when you get a change there are does and don'ts (rules for this forum) you need to know what they are.

This forum does move very fast because lots of folks post on it daily. They are lots of great caring folks here. But remember many of us are sick some are very ill and lots of us take breaks from the forum because we don't feel well. In time I know that you will see the big hearts in the people here.

It takes time to learn so I hope you will ask questions when you don't understand something and begin to like it here. For some of us this board is our family, so this board is very special to us :) It's all about supporting each other. There is a ton of medical information here also.

Take care,
    Dee50
  11. debfee11

debfee11 New Member

I actually feel better now. Boy am I a pycho or what? Oh my God and I can't spell either. I swear I used to be smart in school but been out of the office type workfield for so long I can't seem to write very well. (and by the way, if you think My writing is not so bad -- youshould see what I type first and then backspace and delete etc.) I'm going to leave now. I have a video to watch before I totally zonk out. "Wgat the bleep do we know" I'll let u know how it is. XXX Debness
  12. laspis1

laspis1 New Member

Hi Deb, please do not give up on the board, because you will never get the support like you can get here. I think the delete button was explained but I know how in frustration we tend to assume that everything and everyone is stacking up against us.

One thing I try to do when I post in someone else's thread, I do not really expect anyone to thank me or mention my name. I think that people sometimes mean to, but in the fog they may forget your name or sometimes they will respond to the content without using your/mine name. But if they do nothing it is OK because when I give I try not to expect anything in return, and if I get a thank you, that is great. We are all in distress and on top of that we are trying to support each other the best we can. I think my feelings would be hurt if I posted a thread and got no response. But in general I am trying not to take it personally. So hang in ...here. It is a good place to be. I hope you are OK otherwise. Your Explosion story made a lot of us worry about you.
  13. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

You can always blame the spelling on Fibro fog:) Noone here cares! Lynn
  14. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Your posts are still here. Click on your name at the top right corner of the screen where it says who you are logged in as, and it will take you to your profile. In there, it has a list of all the posts you have written. Click on the title of the post you want to check on. Then you can read your post and other's replies. If you want more replies, hit "reply" on your own post, and write "bump" as the title and the message. Then your post will be back on page one, where more people will get to see it.

(((hugs))) And welcome to the board!!!!!! :) Don't worry, it gets easier to use with time.
    ((welcome)) Shannon
  15. debfee11

debfee11 New Member

Pat, I 'm sorry if the word **** offends you but i really didn't think that it was a swear. To tell you the truth our Priest has said it on many occasions so I just kind of think of it as an adjective. I'll certainly be more careful. Debness X
  16. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I went to your profile and bumped the EXPLOSION post for you. Turns out you got at least a dozen replies!!! Hope you enjoy reading them. :) You are not forgotten. Your post is back on the front page now too... so more people can see it. If it slides down before you get back to it, you can find it in your profile.

(((gentle hugs))) Shannon

P.S. I didn't think the **** word was very strong language, although it's one I wouldn't use. Some of our members are bothered by these things.

If you do break a rule, you'll get a warning by e-mail and your post will be deleted. Don't worry though! As long as you read the "message board rules" (top right corner of the screen) and keep them, there won't be any problems. I've gotten a warning in the past on breaking a rule. And I'm still here. I just needed the reminder.

(((more hugs!))) :) Shannon

17. JLH

JLH New Member

I just went back and read your EXPLOSION post and now I see where the anger is coming from -- your title of this post really spells anger.

I can not tell you what to do, BUT, I will tell you what I would have done had my husband treated me that way! The minute I got out of that vehicle, I would have called 911 on my cell phone and had the police pick him up and I would have gone to the ER if I thought I needed treatment.

If I didn't own a cell phone, the minute I got home, I would have called the police and had his sorry butt hauled off to jail!

No person, man or woman, has to put up with abuse from their spouse or significant other. There is no excuse for it and it should never be tolerated. There would be a 1 strike and you're OUT in my book--no matter whether he would be drunk or sober. It would never happen.

I know you said you had a mother to care for. Do you have any other family members to care for her? Would she and her husband be willing to go to an old-age home?

I think sometimes when lack of finances are a problem, the abuser knows that the spouse can not leave due to no money, therefore, they can act as they see fit because you are stuck. I would figure out a way to show them otherwise.

I better end this now. Domestic abuse always gets me all fired up.