I give up

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shari1677, Aug 18, 2009.

1. shari1677

shari1677 New Member

I give up on my friends and family. Why? They never call or ask me to do anything. Its like they've given up on me and moved on. It's like I dont even exist anymore.

I have one sister who calls me, the rest of the family does not. My friends quit initiating contact with me months and months ago, but I always make sure to try and call them every few weeks to "catch up".

BUT - No more am I going to feel "obligated" to pursue a relationship with any of them. I'm tired of trying to make relationships work if they arent going to meet me halfway at least.

And, ya know what, I'm not even angry or depressed about this. This is just the way things are now and I've come to accept it.[This Message was Edited on 08/18/2009]
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Some people in our lives are just crappy people and we learn to deal with them in the best way we can.

Have you tried calling someone when you're having a good day to see if there's something you can do together? Even just getting out and having a coffee is relaxing to me and not too stressful....

I think some people don't understand that sometimes we're bedridden, yet sometimes we can go and do anything. If they can't figure this out, then they might not know what to do or not want to bother you if you're trying to get some rest.

Just a thought.....

3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My one local friend, she didn't bother to call me for a month. And she knows I'm all alone. I finally called her, and she wasn't that nice to me. She said she was very BUSY and didn't have time to talk to me.

No one calls me anymore. I have one out of state aunt that calls every once in awhile, but the calls have gotten few and far between. I gave up my long distance, so I can't call her much unless I use my cell and I don't want to use up my emergency minutes.

Everyone else has long abandoned me. No one wants to deal with someone who is chronically ill and can't do much.
  4. spacee

spacee Member

One friend from high school has become quite ill with a similar illness and she apologized for not being more understanding of what I was going through.

We still aren't "friends", she saves her energy for her well friends.

I grieved this situation without friends for a long time but I think I am finally over it.

5. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I'm really sorry that the people in your lives aren't there for you. It really hurts, I know.

6. momof471

momof471 New Member

I'm sorry, this can be a very lonely illness. I know my relatives have gone about their own lives and every so often we will cross paths. I thank God for my husband and children, neighbors and church family. Friends and the rest of the family are history.

So what you have to do to help make yourself happy and try not to worry about those who have turned their backs, its not worth it.

God Bless