Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by doxygirl, Oct 23, 2007.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Iam going to be needing a lot of prayer's right now!

I have not worked for over 8 months.....finances are so bad that I HAVE TO go back to work sick or not!

One of my students ( from my previous teaching job ) called me and told me he needed my help ......they are re-opening up a huge big restaurant that has two bars and he wants me to train the bartenders and be the bar manager!!!!!!!!!!!

He told me the job was mine if I wanted it......I have been praying for something to come to me because financially things are just too hard with only one income.......

so today I went in and I got the job........there were so many people who applied for jobs and I got to sit and listen to who they liked and didn't like and why......

so I feel so honored that I was hired on the spot...and Iam a lead bartender!

"No" I do not ever drink but that is what I used to teach is bartending and I also used to bartend private parties so I know the job well.....

Problem is I have been very sick.......I have spent a lot of days in bed this year.......so Iam going to ask all of you that pray to pray that I can do this.....at least for now!

If I can do this my family can have a nicer christmas.....and it will make me feel good about myself......I have been so down not having a job!

So.............I just wanted to tell you all the good news and ask for those prayer's that I can fill the shoes that need to be filled!

2. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

Sounds great and flexible. Thank you for sharing the good news.

Ummm, weren't you going to be a babysitter?? It was nice what you did for your friends. I'm sure they appreciated it. Your Mr Bill
  3. Khalyal

Khalyal New Member

Congratulations, girl! My prayers are certainly with you.

4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Thank you both.......so much for your thoughts !;)

Madscientist LOL LOL LOL I about rolled on the floor laughing at the "babysitting" comment LOL!

I do not think babysitting is up my alley any longer.....I truly am happy that I gave my friends the weekend time alone.....but a lesson was learned and pretty much " never again" will I do that ! LOL

Thanks again
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Nice that one of your fellow students called and asked you if you wanted the job. That's great!! I will be praying for ya to get to feeling better so you will be able to hold up.

Love Kriket
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Lots of good luck Doxy. Hope this is the job that was made just for you. I know how much you need the money !!!

Getting out might just be helpful too.

7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but the board was acting up..

congrats to you and i give you some cryptonite to make it through the days...

you may want to consider adding your tips to your income if you already haven't so that if you come to a point where you need to go off on sdi...you monthly payements w/be higher.

no need to reply w/you answer...my exhb worked in the bar industry so i know all too much about tips.

LEFTYGG Member

you deserve a break im happy for you love gail
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Best of luck. Just be sure to rest all you can and not let the job get to you. It sounds as though it's tailor made just for you. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie