I got a letter from my congressman!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ForeverFlaring, Jun 10, 2003.

1. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I am not sure where to post this..here or the chit chat board. I don't know if this is the correct place or not since it has to do with SSDI.

Anyhow, provided I don't get reprimanded, here is what my congressman wrote.

Thank you very much for contacting my office regarding your disability appeal to the Social Security Administration. I am eager to promptly assist you, and I have directed my stff to begin working on your case. Please know that I will closely monitor the progress if your case and update you as soon as I receive a reply from the agency.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact blah blah blah blah at (724) blah blah blah. I am hopeful that we can obtain a response that is satisfactory for you.

Sincerely,

Tim Murphy
    Member of Congress

Now, we will see if he does any good. I had given up on a response from him as this was the third letter I sent to him. I will keep you all posted, and if you in doubt as to whether or not write for assistance with Social Security...by all means..write them. It certainly cannot hurt!
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

How long have you been waiting for your SSDI to go thru if you dont mind me asking? I'm only 2 months into waiting for my judge hearing so I probably have a ways to go.
    Carlacat
  3. ForeverFlaring

I applied last April (2002) and have only had one denial. I am waiting for results on the reconsideration now but it has been dragging on forever.
  4. Marjidoll

Marjidoll New Member

I recognized the Congressman's name and area code.
    Can you send me an email so that I can get his address from you? I am in the process of an appeal for SSDI and have an attorney but having someone else in my corner wouldn't hurt.
    Thanks,
    Margie
  5. ForeverFlaring

I don't have your email address to send you his mailing address so I will do it here.

Congressman Tim Murphy
    226 Cannon House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515

District Office
    504 Washington Road
    Pittsburgh, PA 15228

This is copied from his website..
    Murphy, a psychologist, is one of the few health care professionals currently serving in Congress, and he was the only health care professional in the Pennsylvania State Senate, where he represented the state's 37th District from 1997-2003. He consistently has been an active leader in promoting health care reform, education improvement and economic development efforts in Pennsylvania. As a state senator, he authored Pennsylvania's patient bill of rights

I do want to add that I sent him a letter to each address. As an exercise of desperation after hearing nothing from Mr. Murphy, I sent a letter to Congressman John Murtha who resides over Western Westmoreland County and Somerset/Johnstown area. He replied immediately and said although he could not help me, he would forward my letter to Mr Murphy. That seemed to have done the trick for me. Where do you live by the way? I am always excited to talk with someone from this area!
  6. 1fibrowife

1fibrowife New Member

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO WRITE WHEN I CONTACT MY CONGRESSMAN. I HAVE HEARD THAT IT HELPS BUT AM NOT SURE WHAT TO SAY.
    I FILED FOR MY HUBBY IN APRIL 03. DOESN'T IT TAKE ABOUT 120 DAYS TO HEAR ANYTHING? I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT HIS CASE WORKER BUT EITHER IT IS BUSY OR I GET A MACHINE. I DID LEAVE A MESSAGE YESTERDAY AND TODAY.
    THANKS!
    KAREN
  7. j-bearmama

j-bearmama New Member

Howdy Neighbor!

Actually former neighbor.
    I now live in VA. My husband is in the navy.
    But we both graduated from Indiana Area High School and we both attended IUP.

So where exactly are you???
    I notice the 724 area code. It is the same as my in laws who are still there. They live in Brush Valley.

I'm just dying to know if I KNOW you?

J-bear
    Class of 91
    [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2003]
  8. Sissy123

Sissy123 New Member

I wrote my rep about the pain care policy of 2003 and he told me, blah, blah...and he was supporting another bill that mirrors the policy. It is NIH, national institutes of health. He says he will continue to support this program. This bill funds NIH programs, including the extensive research on pain. Sam Graves from Missouri. From the House of Representatives, Congress of the United States. He even signed it! Whew!!! At least I got a response. Keep our fingers crossed. I also wrote SSI about the ticket to work program to see if there is any job that I can do at home, like data processing...because I need frequent breaks to lay down and I have migraines all the time...anyway thought I let you'all know I got a letter. Sis