I got a new puppy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by mollystwin, Jun 1, 2007.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I have a new puppy and his name is Rocky. He's a yorkshire terrier and he's very cute and cuddly. My family bought him for me to keep me company when I'm not feeling well.

Here is a pic of him with me, my grandaughter and my youngest son. I'm looking very tired in this pic because I was sick the entire first week that we had him!!

He's a lot of work, but well worth it. And my boys help out too.

2. painterZ

painterZ New Member

Too cute!! Stupid question, but will he get much bigger? He's smaller than my cats!

Absolutely adorable!

3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

So precious! Now you can stop and smell the puppy! Love that little puppy breath. Maybe that's to make up for the other smells we end up with with a new pup!

Hug him for me!

(Pic of my little puppy in my profile!)

Stop and smell the puppies!
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Man, Molly, now I see what you mean!!

Choose joy!
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

Hey Cute Photo! You all look adorable! My pup is like Beans! (Bigger) But the little ones are so darn cute i might get one of them too! lolo,,,,Hugs!,,,,,,,S
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

OK Molly, now we are even!!

PainterZ Rocky is 4.2 pounds at 10 weeks. He is not going to be a teacup yorkie at all which is why we chose him. He will be about 8 lbs full grown which is much bigger than the 4 pounders that most folks have. I wanted a bigger version so he wouldn't be so fragile. Our other dog, (who is not fat by the way) is about 21 pounds.

He is so much fun. The neighbors come over just to see him now. And our older dog Hobbes even likes him too. We were worried he'd be jealous being an only for so long, but it's working out great. Rocky climbs all over him and bites his legs and tail and Hobbes just lets him do it. And they play together too. So cute to watch. When Hobbes has enough he just hides upstairs.

Sisland and greenbean-one day we will have a bigger dog too. My hubby always had big dogs growing up. Several labs and goldens and even a husky. Usually they had more than one dog at a time and several cats too. [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2007]
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I put a pic of her doggy in it. It's a very cute pic of Molly, her daughter Rachel and Kela at my house for a birthday party a few years ago.

Kela is adorable!!
  8. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

is right. You all look adorable!

9. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Your pup is adorable as your son and granddaughter are too!

You and Molly are cracking me up here with the back and forth.

Also, although not exactly environmentally correct, are you using puppy pads to potty train the pup? This way you won't have to take him outside at all, especially when the weather's bad or you don't feel well.

Nancy B
    [This Message was Edited on 06/01/2007]
  10. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thanks for all the compiments!

Fight-I told Rockgor in another post that I named Rocky after him. Rock is his nickname!!

Hugs-We tried those puppy pads, but this pup does not, will not, just won't go on them. Went everywhere around them but never on them!! So we just take him outside.

Lindy- Thanks for telling me I don't look tired. And I do have those circles, they are somewhere under my glasses. I used to hate glasses, but now I pretend they cover my wrinkles and circles and I'm good.

I emailed this photo to work friends and family and the most common remark was that I looked tired!! But happy. This little guy does make me happy.

11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Sweet puppy but don't talk to me about pets and tired....:>(
    Seriously, you'll enjoy him a lot since you have help with him.

Dar, you are one of those amazing women who look great without a touch of makeup! Cute kids, pretty woman. This goes for Molly too. lol

12. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

I don't have energy for makeup anymore!!
  13. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Congratulations on your new baby!! I still remember my two furbabies when I first got them. Such individual personalities.

From the very beginning, their little personalities were much the same as now. We have a Jack Russell who was so hyper. When she was tiny and sleeping, she would wake up startled and scream.

In my "bio" is a picture of my Jack Russell "Maya" and Chihuahua "Pepe"

I got Pepe when Maya was 6 mo. old. She took over as his mommy. You can see in the picture how protective she was with him.

Please post more pictures of your puppy as he gets bigger. I had a Yorkie once. Actually, I think she was a Silkie. It broke my heart when we lost her. She had epilepsy.
  14. kriket

kriket New Member

Who couldnt love him. He is soooo cute.

15. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Thank you both for the compliments. What would we do without our pets? He is sitting on my lap right now.

Pvlady, your dogs are adorable! They look like they love each other very much. I will post a pic of both my dogs sometime soon.