I got a really bad feeling...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by QueenM, Jun 4, 2003.

1. QueenM

QueenM New Member

Can anyone out there put my mind at ease?? Here is the story; some of you may recognize my sign-on from around Memorial Day. I was having a HUGE attack and was seeking advise. Some of my symptoms have subsided and I am feeling better. But, something else has started. Over the Memorial Weekend, I had a lot of joint pain; more then usual for me. Now, I have several joints (feet, hands, wrist) that although they are not red and swollen; they are swollen. My rhuematologist can't see me until August. But, could this be the start of something else? Or is the joint pain and swelling also a part of FMS?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!!
    QueenM
  2. nje

nje New Member

trust me, i`ve had it all and they still call it fibromyalgia, i am just trying to recover from a massive flare up, i overdone the whole weekend, going out of state,helping my stepdaughter move,like i was muscle woman, and all the time knowing, i was going to pay for it,because it has happened to me before. i ached from the top of my head to the tips of my toes,(for real)and yes i have swollen feet at times and hands too. its just really a big ugly disease that we are stuck with,i try to just live 1 day at a time,because i`ll never know what part of me will be hurting tomorrow when i wake up. i hope i helped some, it don`t sound as if any thing else is going on but fibro,and that is quite enough to deal with by itself,you can read the other messages and maybe someone else will put you at ease, you`ll be in my prayers. nje
  3. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

FM does cause joint pain & swelling but you could also have a coexisting condition of arthritis. If you get real stiff that may be your problem but only x-rays/MRIs tell for sure. I have both and take joint supplements that help somewhat. I also have to keep moving by doing small stretches to keep from getting stiff - there is no medicine I know of that helps the stiffness. Good luck & hope you get some more relief soon.
    Hugs,
    Shaky
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I also have gotten what you described. It is scary when you first get these symptoms. My feet were so swollen that I would hold on to the walls to walk in the mornings. It was worst them.

My hands sometimes are swollen, and then I get what I call 'shooting pains' in them.

I think that the arthritis pain is mostly in the joints, and when it flares up, it is swollen and red. I have this in my fingers sometimes.

If it will make you feel better, call the doctor and explain how you are feeling and just maybe they will be able to work you in for an appointment sooner than August. That is a longtime from now anyway.

Let us know how you are doing.....

Shalom, Shirl
  5. QueenM

QueenM New Member

Hi Shirl!

I go next week to a Orthopedic surgeon because I have a Baker's Cyst on my Right knee and he is going to inject it to get rid of it. I think I may talk to him about my sore joints and see what he thinks. I have been to him before for my cyst and I know from talking to him he is an "unbeliever" - one who doesn't believe FMS is a disease. But if he will order an x-ray and see what is going on I would be appreciative. Thanks for all of you caring thoughts and prayer: that is for you, Shirl, as well as others who answered my question.
  6. loopyloo

loopyloo New Member

I have had my hands swollen from the nuckles back to my arm latly and yesterday i had shooting pains from my fingers up my arms it seems to happen when i am stressed the swelling i was wondering what it was as well is it cfs can any one tell us
    you are not alone queenm
    love from Loopyloo xx