I got an appt with an LLMD

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by Junegal, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Junegal

Junegal New Member

I am so happy. I feel hopeful! I was diagnosed with CFS 1 year ago. I do have Epstein-Barr and HHV6 in my bloodwork. The thing is, I *always* feel better on antibiotics. I get wicked sore throats/sinus infections that will only respond to antibiotics. I've done probably 18 rounds in 1.5 years. Very bad, I know.

My friend said someone at work has Lyme disease and went to numerous doctors before she found one that could help her. And the best part...this doctor takes my insurance! I called 15 doctors that didn't take our insurance and we don't have out of network benefits. Now, I'll have to drive 1.5 hours but if this doctor can help me it'll all be worth it.

My appt is in one month so I'll gather my paperwork together, update my list of (new) symptoms onto my old list, making sure I have *every* possible symptom imaginable there to throw at her. My CFS doctor ran the Lyme test last week so I'll have that to bring with me. It doesn't matter what the results say on that test--positive or negative, I'm going to the LLMD. I will not stop til someone helps me and I get answers and I get better!

Thanks for your help, your answers and support. I will post an update when I get my bloodwork results, and then when I see this new doctor!

2. victoria

victoria New Member

Glad to hear it sounds like you found a good one!

I hope the test done last week was the Western Blot by iGenex? If not the LLMD will likely want to redo it...

all the best,
    Victoria
  3. Junegal

Junegal New Member

Though I don't know for sure if that was the one that was run. If it was-great. If not, I am sure too that she will re-run it. I will specifically ask. At this point--whatever it takes. I have been sick for 1.5 years and it is time for me to get my life back. I have two young children that need their mother back and I will not go down without a fight.