I got approved for SSDI 1st try!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cyberamy, Apr 8, 2003.

1. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

I am still in shock!!!I'm crying..I never win anything!....OMG... No attorney and it only took a few months.
    Thank you GOD!!!!! Thank you all for being here for me!!!
    Thanks for all who responded to my vent post earlier about my mom although it was removed. I guess I got carried away or offended someone. There is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. Things have not been going good for me and I have been so depressed lately crying at everything. My mom and I have not been getting along, I broke my tooth and little toe in the last few mos and that is just to name a few. Sorry to sound like a whiner! and for rambling on like this! ((((HUGS)))))
    Amy
  2. auntiem949

auntiem949 New Member

for you .how did ya do it do tell .im waiting to hear anyday spoke to ss today and the lady said a decision was made but she cant tell me .something about it was with people who could change in two times before i get it nice huh.well im glad to see there is hope and again i say congrads to you enjoy
  3. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I am very happy for you!
    There is hope for some!
  4. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

I appplied 2 mos ago for Fibro and depression. I have had fibro 6 mos and my depression worsened. I was just very organized and saw many docs. Not sure which I received it for fibro or depression. I was shocked when the local ss office called and told me I was approved and that I would be receiving more money than originally thought on behalf of my children. I'll believe it when I see it. I thought for sure this was going to be a long and drawn out process. Good luck to you! take care,
    Amy
  5. blondieangel

blondieangel New Member

6. tinaeve

tinaeve New Member

Lucky girl! I am wanting to try for ssi but am scared.Did you have a Dr. stating you were disabled? What state do you live in? I fear Indiana(my state) willturn me down.Any info you can give will be truly appreciated.Especially the deprssion factor.
  7. cyberamy

cyberamy New Member

I live in Texas and no I did not have a specific Doc state that I was disabled. Tina, don't be scared to apply, if you are not working you have nothing to lose. I was hoping to get my denial quickly so I could appeal. That is how sure I thought i would be turned down. I think the fact that I saw a pych because my depression anxiety worsened helped me to be honest. I did start having panic attacks as well. I also had a letter from my husband staing how how I was before and now that was very touching. I also wrote a letter stating how this has affected me in detail. I think that the fact that I am also on a narcotic is taken into consideration. Good luck!!
    Amy
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am always so happy for everyone who wins his or her SS case. Good for you!

Love, Mikie