I GOT IN A CAR ACCIDENT TODAY!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by HppeandMe, Feb 16, 2006.

1. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Hi Friends-

I am so upset. This has to be the worst thing around. I am talking about these disorders!! I can't sleep without taking sleep medicine and I was taking my son to school this morning half a sleep and on the way back home I hit two parked vehicles. My car looks horrible. It is out of commission for quite some time. If I didn't have children I don't know if I could handle all this. I am on Rocephin IV treatment for Lyme and they say I may have CFID'as many of you know. This is just so scary. I am also so afraid of my husband leaving. Where will we go. How will I raise my beautiful children like this. I keep praying. I started doing the positive thinking and it all went to hell today! My son could have been in the car. He even said to me once mommy wake up. I said I am not sleeping.

I don't know what I am going to do. I am still working which is nuts, but I figured I would until I finish with the IV treatments so that I can be sure one way or another that I will be better after the IV treatments or the same.
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

you had such a bad day.
    Are you alright physcially from the accident?
    I
    I don't know your story, but I'm sorry you are worried about your husband leaving you.
    Can you get help from a neighbor to take your child to school, if you are not up to it? Maybe another mother of a friend of your child's?
    Can you go to counseling with your husband? If he is feeling overwhemled with your health issues ( my husband is too) there is a website for healthy spouses caring for ill spouses.
    It is kind of like this site but for them.
    It is WellSpouse.org.
    I hope I haven't overstepped any boundries, I just feel your pain and want to help.
    ake care. It will get better.:) At least that is what I keep telling myself.:)
    Claudia
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2006]
  3. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Maybe this is a wake up call not to be driving if the meds are affecting you like this. If you fall asleep, it could be catastrophic.

I agree if you could find someone else to take your son to school. I am just worried about you...
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

and how your treatment was going.

I know you have been under so much stress with the Lyme, the financial worries and your dh not being the most obliging unless he changed.

You just thank God that you are safe, that your children are safe, dearest, and that the only things hurt can be fixed by insurance(cars)

Please be good to yourself. I know you tend to dwell on these things and blame yourself for so much and you must not be doing this.

Many of us have accidents due to being ill, on meds, whatever. It happens even to Vice Presidents shooting in the wrong direction!!! We all make mistakes so try and give yourself a break on this one.

Did you never start the Disability? Are you still a realtor? Maybe the company can loan you a car?

I am so very sorry for you, but maybe it is God's way to say slow down a little and take the time to heal. You appear to be doing far too much.

Lots of Hugz, Love and Blessings.

Anne
  5. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I feel so bad for you. It sounds like you are pushing yourself way too hard!

I have been guilty of doing the same thing...we push until we drop.

Like someone else mentioned....you need to get your disability....if possible. You really don't need to be working now.

I pray things get better soon!

Mari
  6. backporchrags

backporchrags New Member

for your accident. I am glad you were not hurt.
    I also battle with fatigue and sleep problems. I can't get my daughter up for school on time many days. Then I am stuck trying to explain to her teacher why she is tardy.
    It seems there will be no end to the humiliations we shoulder.
    Does your husband say anything to you about leaving? If not please try to focus on the problems at hand not the what if's. I know this is hard to do, my mind often fly's around through worse case senerios. It takes genuine effort to get the thoughts to stop.
    You were not hurt, neither your child thank goodness. A blessing indeed.
    Hugs,
    a
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

but..i told the ssdi judge i had no buisness driving on teh road taking my son to school....and you know what i hit my car port...the post on the corner of my car...didn't much damage to my car...but still not good...

can your husband take the kids to school?

jodie
  8. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hppeandme,
    I'm sorry to learn of your car accident. Don't beat yourself up for this, it isn't your fault you have Lyme and other problems.

I don't take any sleep meds, but I sleep well with the CoQ10 that I take in the afternoon. I now can get by on 8 to 9 hours of sleep instead of 12 to 14 hours. I have FMS among other illnesses.

I'm sorry your husband is getting upset about the medical issues. I hope he will try to be more sympathetic to your Lyme and at least give you a chance to see if you can feel better and do better.

I agree is there anyone else who can get your son to school? Can he ride a bus to school?

I know you are upset from the accident, but like Claudia said, I hope you did not hurt yourself.

Would coffee or a soft drink with caffeine help you to wake up and be more alert in the early mornings? I have heard that peppermint and cinnamon help to keep one awake when driving long distances.

Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.

Hugs,
    Faye
  9. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

on the peppermint. You can sniff it. Get a good one, essential oil.

Good luck.

How are you today?

Love Anne C
  10. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

Thanks everyone for responding. My memory will allow me to answer as much as I recall. Yes, I am still a Realtor but I am doing my job very poorly. In fact, I don't even have any settlements coming up. It is just that I don't have the energy to advertise or get the business the way I use to. I have a listing and perhaps a buyer as well. They seem a little shady about whether if they will be buying or not.

It was definately the medicine why I went out. No doubt about it. I was worried the police would come and I would lose my lisence. There was a lady there who just wanted to be a witness to something exciting. She called the police and said I had an accident and that I said I was on sleep medicine. I was in shock when I hopped out of the car to access the damage that is when I said I was under theinfluence of it. I called the non-emergency line and they said just to leave a letter and go. I put the other lady on the line and they told her to go as well.

I haven't applied for disability yet although I know I should. I am just so scared about this whole damn situation. I feel like I have a death sentence which would be fine if my youngest still needed both of us. On top of that it is just not enough to pay the mortgage let alone the other bills.

My husband does not make enough to carry us both. He has a very low income and stays for the Health Insurance.

My husband keeps pushing me and pushing me and tells me I am not trying. If he only new! I am getting ready to e-mail him to let him know how it is. I can't do it to his face because I would cry.

I couldn't believe it but I actually sent my grandfather a letter yesterday asking him if we could move in until we get the house sold. I never ask him for anything. I know he is probably going to say no problem as long as we get rid of our dogs. My children are losing everything already I don't know how they could lose their dogs on top of that.

Anyway, thank you all for your kind replies!

He is not the only one losing everything that I pretty much made for us. I will give him that website and hope that he goes.
  11. PVLady

PVLady New Member

It is nice to hear from you again. We have been worried about you.

You might be on the right track moving in with your grandfather until you get on your feet.

I don't know what type of dogs you have, but if you try you may be able to find good homes for them where you can still check on them to make sure they are ok. Also make and agreement if things don't work out, they will contact you and return the dogs for you to find another home.

Hopefully, they will find a good home. I have found homes for dogs many times. Try not to take them to the animal shelter if possible.

Who knows, grandpa may let you keep them if the kids promise to take care of them - you are right, it is one more loss for everyone.

If there was no police report I doubt anything will come out about you being under the influence of the sleep meds. Hopefully not.

I know this is a very hard time but I believe when one door closes, another opens - there may be a good reason these changes are happening you cannot see right now.

In generations past, it was very common for families to live together - grandpa may really enjoy having you there.

You are very smart to have your husband work to keep health insurance for everyone.
  12. Bambi

Bambi New Member

are taking? The DWI reply was right but worse, your insurance won't pay on accidents if they find out you are
    taking certain meds. I'd park that car, not like you have a choice from the sound of it right now, but I'd park it for awhile until things get
    more settled. It is SO hard to get anyone else to do things for you when you need it most and it's a shame. If you're anything like a lot of us we are the first to offer for others when they need it and the last to get an offer. I know I am. Good luck in everything!!