I GOT IT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Butterfly_of_grace, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Butterfly_of_grace

Butterfly_of_grace New Member

After interview number 2 I got a call that I got the job today!!!! I start next Monday. (its at a chiropractors office a town away). I graduated 10 yrs ago with a medical assisting degree so maybe this is what I need to go back to. Anyway, Its not as many hours as the other job and the pay is half of what I was bringing home at the school job I had but half the pay is better than NONE. I will find another way to bring in some extra money part time. I hope my energy stays good and my health holds up as I dont get sick days with this job but then again its less hours so maybe its not necessary and I wont be as exposed to the sicknesses that I was working with the school children (I was SO SICK last yr all the time). Its mon wed fri for about 4+ hours so thats not that bad. Theres training thats manditory every tuesday at 1:00pm which I will be paid for as well as the Hewalth Fairs and such that he does that I will also get paid for on top of the regualr hours. Its on my feet and in motion all the time which is what I need. The momment im stuck sitting is where I get into trouble with the pain....especially my legs and the herniated disc in my back. For some reason the longer I sit the worse I get. Figure that one out.

So, even though the money issues are not solved and actually the money issues are now worse, its better than no income at all. (im going from bringing hom $800 a month for ten months out of the yr to bringing home $400 a month all yr round big difference). When I signed on to be a Paraprofessional in this town (teachers Aide) there seems to be a clause in our contract stating we can not collect disabilty or unemployment so again, HALF of what I was making is better than NONE right?

Please say a prayer that maybe I have found my nitch in life. Ill be 40 next yr so all these job changes are so frustrating and so scary for me.
    Im trying to justify my pay loss by thinking maybe this is Gods way of slowing me down a bit for heath sake. I do alwasy do too much and the past few yrs my health is now suffering for it.

Alrighty, thanks for listening...and any prayers are so much appreciated please.

<<<HUGS 2 ALL of U>>>>>>
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Way to go Grace! My prayers are certainly with you that you will be able to retain this job and be happy doing it!

Good for you girl!

Take Care! And have fun!

Kellyann
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hope it all works out for you.
  4. Butterfly_of_grace

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONGRATS! I too hope and pray it works out.
  5. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Grace:

Congrats...hope that it makes a difference in your health...also, maybe you can get some tips on what you can do to reduce your pain level.

Ingrid
  6. Butterfly_of_grace

Thanks for the congrats!
    As far as tips on my health; it seems that people are NOT so understanding with my health and its done damage to my employment in the past therefor I have learned a valuable lesson...DO NOT MENTION MY HEALTH..at least not for a very long time. People have judged me because of it...just as they have judged my husband for having a newly found Seizure disorder. Isnt this world cruel and selfish? Its just as bad when they ask me what hubby does for a living anf I tell them hes a custodian at a high school. Snooty people look down on :us"...sad thing is is that he is just as hard working (if not more) than your average top executive and trying to make a living like the rest of the world. Because he had a horrible care accident when he was almost 18 it took away ALOT from him. He suffers from short term memory problems which made it difficult to go to school after high school. He married young, divorced young with two kids and had custody of his two children when his son was 6 months old (hes now 11 1/2)...he took the best job he could with full benefits to help his children. Yet people dont look at him in an honorable way...they look at him like hes some sort of loser. Now since he started a seizure disorder 2 1/2 yrs ago (6 months after we got married) people treat him differently...they act like he has the plague....its sad. People are so judgemental.

Anyway, its hard fact. I will be silent about my health because again its backfired on me several times. Hopefully I will be able to function ok. There is a vast amount of people who STILL have no idea what fibro is and think youre nuts when you talk about it.

Thanks again.
  7. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you! I agree about don't ask/don't tell...kinda like the military. I have never, nor would ever, mention things like FM or CFS to any employer, or even the people I work with.

I know what you are saying about the weirdness of pain, too, like you are better on your feet than sitting. I hate standing (like in lines, etc.)---I'm OK if I'm moving, like walking for the same amount of time on my feet is fine, standing for the same time would be very hard.

As far as pay; I think that this may be an opportunity for better things down the road....sometimes part-time work leads to an offer of more hours, or another job that has better pay or hours. Start slow, and this may lead to something better in the future.

Anyway, congratulations!!! Let us know how it goes.

Hugs,
    Pam