I got married

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SweetT, May 27, 2008.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

We eloped at a bed&breakfast, got married in a gazebo, and stayed in a lovely cottage; everything was beautiful, except for the fact that having to get dressed for meals, especially breakfast, broke my rest and relaxation, and now I'm flaring. I will not go back to a bed and breakfast where all meals are not delivered to me.
  2. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I think it sounds lovely! and very romantic!

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

Good luck to you on your new marriage. So sorry that you are flaring and not feel well now. Hope you get to feelihg better soon so you can truly enjoy your marriage and new husband, etc.

It sounds lovely but not good to get sick afterwards.

God bless you both !

4. sues1

sues1 New Member

Still great news.......relax and enjoy what you can. Bless to botho you Always,,,,,,,,all Ways...........Susan
  5. springwater

springwater Active Member

Sounds so romantic...

tho sorry about the flare...

CONGRATULATIONS! Wishing you and your husband the best always......

God Bless
  6. How exciting for you, CONGRATS to you both, I wish you a long and happy life together.

I don't like bed and breakfasts, I don't like to eat with strangers myself. Maybe I am strange. lol!

I hope your flare leaves quickly.

God bless you both.
  7. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Congratulations..how exciting for you....I hope you have some pics for us to...of course thats when you are feeling better to show us.

Love to all, Ann
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Heres Hopeing that you both have a long and Happy life togeather!,,,,,Sis
  9. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Thanks for the well wishes, everyone.

Yes mustluvdogs, this is my best friend, that I've known for 15 years and dated for 11 of those. When we started dating, we were both going through divorces, etc. However, the relationship has stood the rebound test {you'd think so, after all these years}. I had been telling him "no" for years, when he'd ask me to marry him.

The Bed&Breakfast was not one of the usual ones that we go to (which give you the option of serving all of your meals; definitely breakfast). We picked it because they had the least expensive elopement package. The minister was nice, the cottage was a beautiful little home with a private deck, fireplace, and jacuzzi.

The catch was that breakfast had to be attended in the main dining room, with strangers. There was also no phone or cellphone service, and no cable tv. The other catch was that some of the guests were stuck up, well to do people, bragging about their yachts and servants and employees, etc. I wanted to scream and tell them that this is relaxation time----not bragging time. That's the thing about eating with strangers----you never know who you'll have to eat with.
  10. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I wish you many many years of happiness! I pray your flare will end soon!
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations! It's always so nice to read good news here.

Love, Mikie
  13. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

That's great. I would say this is worth having a flare. Hope it doesn't last long and you settle into a long and happy life.

Sue in Ontario
  14. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

It sounds like it was an absolutely beautiful wedding. I hope you are feeling more rested now and settling into your marriage nicely. Wishing you many years of health and happiness together!
  15. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

That's nice that you got married and that you two have been together so long. I'm happy for you. :)

I don't think I would have liked those guest at the B&B either. It sounds like they were bragging in an offhanded way.