I got some great news!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by zggygirl, Jun 4, 2003.

1. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

I have had this stupid feet problem for 6 months. I can't take walks, stand for more than 15 minutes without severe pain, can't do anything that requires well, being upright without torture. Been to an neurologist, ortho surgeon, a chiropractor, physical therapist, the list goes on.
    But I don't have insurance, & can't work, so I can't keep going from doctor to doctor. .
    Anyway my point is through a wonderful program I am going to be able to get an MRI on my lower back for free!
    Since I was in a car accidnet years ago and fractured 2 vertabre I really think this might tell me something!
    I'm excited and I knew you guys would understand why.
    Smiling,
    Ziggy

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So happy to hear your news. I hope they find what the problem is, and that it can be fixed.

I have had foot pain, I know how awful that can be.

You take care, and good wishes going your way for success too!

Shalom, Shirl
  3. CATLADY912

CATLADY912 New Member

THAT IS GREAT NEWS. I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO HAVE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR FEET. I HAVE A BAD RIGHT FOOT AND HAVE HAD 4 OR 5 SURGERIES ON IT. '

BUT I'M THRILLED FOR YOU.

LET US KNOW WHAT IT TURNS OUT TO BE.

GENTLE HUGS,
    JANICE
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Congrats! Hope they find what you need to know to correct the problem.

I went to a podiatrist several years ago and have planters faciitis (inflammation of tissue connecting bones etc. in feet), 2 heel spurs on bottom, 1 heel spur on back of heel and tarsul tunnel syndrome in right ankle. Have had shots in ankle for TTS and anti-inflammatories prescribed for inflammation. Still have major problems standing or walking. In fact, I am taking a wheelchair on our vacation - sigh!

I talked with my chiropractor who has been working on my back and shoulders and next week he will start working on my feet - I am SO excited, I hope it helps.
  5. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Such quick responses! I really think good thoughts from others help future outcomes. I also try to imagine the best possible outcome and sometimes it works!
    Susan-you sure have been though it all.
    I know more about feet then I EVER wanted to so I can relate.
    Good luck with the Chiropractor. Never give up. (my mantra, along with patience <G>
    Ziggy
  6. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Last year my left foot was killing me. It hurt to walk and I had severe pain. I called my chiropractor because I knew if I went to a podiatrist I would get a shot.
    Well, he helped me a lot!!!

I was diagnosed with corded achilles tendon (itis).
    He said he felt scar tissue there. Don't know why.
    He did some deep massage and ultrasound
    therapy. It helped me greatly. If you know
    and trust your chiropractor, this is certainly the
    way to go. Good luck,
    Lynn

PS That's great news Ziggy. Can't any of those
    dr's figure out anything???
  7. tiredTina

tiredTina New Member

I'd really like to know more about this program giving you a free MRI!! Could you please elaborate, I'm thinking that there are others here who may also be able to get some free tests and/or treatment!!
    Thanks!
    ~Tina~
  8. memaw

memaw New Member

One of the first problems I had before I was diagnosed with FMS was with my feet. They burned and hurt so badly that I couldn't walk and couldn't wear any shoe with a heal at all. I got orthodics for my shoes but the doctor couldn't find anything wrong. Eventually, it passed and I now know that it was a flare.
  9. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Memaw, Did your feet have pins and needles like they went to sleep and go completely numb at times along with the burning. Sometimes someone just touching them makes me want to cry. I've been told this is Tarsel Tunnel Syndrome but theres no sure fire test for it (of course) so I keep searching for clues.
    Applyn59- It's like FMS, 50 docs and they still shrug their sholders-like I said to Memaw they say TTS but they aren't very sure of themselves so after jumping through enough hoops you eventually cover all the bases <G>
    Ziggy
  10. Tarin

Tarin New Member

There is a sure fire test for Tarsel Tunnel, and EMG. Though painful, it can diagnosis nerve entrapment in the tunnel. I had the pain long before the EMG came back positive, but it finally has. My feet were so bad in the morning I had to crawl to the bathroom!!! I am still arguing with the pod. becasue I also have bone spurs (which I have had for 10 years) and he INSISTS that is my pain. I am a bare foot person, so am not at all interested in orthotics. Plus, I have already had two surgeries on other nerve entrapments ( carpel tunnel and pronator) and need cubital tunnel in both arms, so I am in no hury for another, as the first two combined were awful. But, there is a way to see if you have tarsel tunnel or not. Good luck
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you. Please let us know how this comes out. I hope they can find out what is wrong and help you. I keep you in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  12. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm so glad for you---I know you've wanted a diagnostic MRI for a while. Please let us know if it sheds any light on your feet issues, I hope it does!

Hugs,
    pam
  13. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I read the title of your post and could not wait to read some good news!!

Congrats!!
  14. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hi,
    For an update-I had the MRI for my back and it showed nothing except an old compound fracture.
    Oh and a cyst on my kidney-which after talking to my Dad and girlfriend who both had cysts-their docs. told them to forget about it. So why tell them???
    Anyway no news is not always good news huh?!
    Tarin,
    I've had a nerve conduction test done which came out negative. Though they say it does 50% of the time even if you have TTS.
    I just needed to rule out it being an issue with my back.
    I don't have money for the Muscle test. But from the research I've done I don't think surgery is a good option at this point. Another wait and see thing I guess!
    I sure can understand your agony though. Whew, I never knew how lucky I was just to be able to take a walk, until I couldn't.
    Take Care,
    Ziggy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/14/2003]

[ advertisement ]