I Got The Job Yea

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Nov 5, 2007.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thank all of you so very much for pulling for me. I just got back from my interview and drug test, a cheek swab like when they take DNA on CSI. Pending the results of that and a background check, I should be hearing in about five days. I have to do two days, four hours a day, of orientation before I start.

Both mgrs. said they see me as a cashier but they are short of bagger right now. I told them I think I would enjoy being a bagger as I like to move around. Later, they will cross train me to cashier. I'm glad because that will mean more job security in a seasonal economy down here.

I'm really excited. After being down and out with the cold, bronchitis, and UTI for so long, this is really lifting my spirits. The new W&D arrive tomorrow. Yesterday, I moved the old W&D out and cleaned the floor and painted the walls and baseboard which were both gross. My laundry closet is all clean and organized. Wish the rest of my life were in such good shape :)

Again, thank you all so very much. I really appreciate all your good wishes.

Love, Mikie
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

news for you Mikie! i wish so bad i could work too!,,,,,sounds like a new washer and Dryer is very exciting thing for you too!,,,,,,Hugs!,,,,Sis
  3. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Mikie

I would have been surprised if you had not been offered a job.

Well done.

TC, Tansy
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

And, I agree with Tansy - I too would be quite surprised if you were NOT offered a job!

I hope the moving around will make it easier for you to be on your feet...

So, what kind of shoes do you plan on wearing? I keep thinking about those Nikes(?) and others that looked like they had springs on them? but have never tried them, not sure what would give the most "give" and "spring" to one's step...

All the best!

5. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

So glad to hear you got the job. I know how hard it is to find one, especially when you are not feeling well. My #3 daughter has had lots of problems finding a job. Well, she finally has one but they are working her to death and she has two kids, one with leukemia and one with LD's.
    She has so much to deal with as do many on this board.

So glad you will be starting soon. I'm sure you will like it, and just getting out and talking to people besides the $, not it will pay alot but that is not the whole intent, is it ? It surely will help though, the $$$ !

Warm Hugs,

6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Congrats Mikie!!!
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Y'all are so nice! I have to find some black shoes which can be polished and do not have logos or stripes on them. I do have really good orthotics which support the arch and cup the heel. The keep the body in alignment and help with back pain too.

It really is hard to find just the right jobs that people with health problems, or people with sick kids, can do. I pray that everyone here who is looking can find the perfect job. Still, I buy LOTTO tickets :) Ya never know!

The $$ will be nice but that store is soooo friendly and I enjoy the interaction with people. Most of the older people down here are really nice. They come from all over and may or may not have friends here. They make friends down here.

Thanks again for all the good wishes. Things have been rough for the last three months but I keep going because I know things will get better. Sometimes, it's leap of faith. BTW, I'm back on the methylation protocol and it's working at the higher dose but I have to back off just a bit. I'm detoxing too much. Still, after the detox, I feel so much better. It's more a sense of well-being than more energy.

Love, Mikie

8. desertlass

desertlass New Member

Although, I have to say, and I do have some creds to back this up--

"I see you as a writer."

It takes one to know one.
  9. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

Congratulations! I'm really glad things are looking up for you.

Love, Erika
  10. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When it rains, it pours. I just got notified that TSA wants me to test for a part-time airport security job. I scheduled the test because those are good govt. jobs. I might as well check out my options. When it rains, it pours.

Love, Mikie
  11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

congratulations, hope it works out well for you.

12. ckball

ckball New Member

Great news about the job. About shoes, Easy Spirit mades the best black comfy shoes and style too.

I use wait tables on weekends years ago and I swear by them.

Good luck with the new job and it dosn't hurt to keep all doors open to other opportunities. They always say it is easier to get a job if you are already working. Take care-Carla
  13. victoria

victoria New Member

so it must be true that success breeds success, perhaps?

It'll be interesting to see what the TSA has to offer; definitely if it's do-able, it probably has excellent benefits.

Then again, you'll be dealing with generally irate passengers at the very least? As you won't be 'helping' anyone personally, like with the other job, so atmosphere might be quite different. Wow, lots to consider...

Hope whatever you choose works tho!

14. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Pays half again as much as the one at Publix. That would mean, however, that I could only work a couple of days a week. I could certainly do some of the jobs, such as checking ID's. They might cater to someone with a disability. I'll just have to wait to see.

Again, thans so very much for all your good wishes, info, teps, etc. You guys are great!

Love, Mikie
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, I would buy breakfast if I could. How great would that be!

Thanks again for being such great friends here.

Love, Mikie