I got the Lidoderm patches today.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Nov 14, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and they DO help. They are promoted for use for Post-shingles pain and can be placed on the spot where there is nerve-related pain to numb the area. This does nothing to "cure" the pain, it just masks it, which can be good and bad. My physician says you MUST be careful not to overdo because you THINK you feel so well because you may make the injury much worse. As you may or may not know, I'm using them for sciatic nerve inflammation from an unknown etiology, so I put one on my big old butt and *POOF* it was feeling ever-so-fine!!!(or NOT feeling, as the case may be!) Since you can use up to three patches at once for a total of 12 hours, I also put two on my right thigh where the pain also radiated to. I am well aware of all of my chronic, daily pains, but my butt pain is nowhere to be found!!!!The doc gave me six samples and said if they work he'll write a Rx!!! I actually washed some clothes and cooked a big meal! (not gourmet or anything, but quite nice all the same!) Tomorrow I am scheduled for the MRI and if I spend $1,200.00 for the blame thing and it shows nothing, I'll be p.o.'d!!! I've never had an MRI....I thought I'd had about every test known to mankind, but I haven't had this. I go at 11;45 and this is one test I don't dread a bit.
    Thanks so much for suggesting the patches...they're a godsend so far!
    Love,
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

and they DO help. They are promoted for use for Post-shingles pain and can be placed on the spot where there is nerve-related pain to numb the area. This does nothing to "cure" the pain, it just masks it, which can be good and bad. My physician says you MUST be careful not to overdo because you THINK you feel so well because you may make the injury much worse. As you may or may not know, I'm using them for sciatic nerve inflammation from an unknown etiology, so I put one on my big old butt and *POOF* it was feeling ever-so-fine!!!(or NOT feeling, as the case may be!) Since you can use up to three patches at once for a total of 12 hours, I also put two on my right thigh where the pain also radiated to. I am well aware of all of my chronic, daily pains, but my butt pain is nowhere to be found!!!!The doc gave me six samples and said if they work he'll write a Rx!!! I actually washed some clothes and cooked a big meal! (not gourmet or anything, but quite nice all the same!) Tomorrow I am scheduled for the MRI and if I spend $1,200.00 for the blame thing and it shows nothing, I'll be p.o.'d!!! I've never had an MRI....I thought I'd had about every test known to mankind, but I haven't had this. I go at 11;45 and this is one test I don't dread a bit.
    Thanks so much for suggesting the patches...they're a godsend so far!
    Love,
    Kady
  3. Joannie

Joannie New Member

I am glad to hear that the patches are working for you. I wish you much luck with the MRI.
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

I have been using patches for months for pain in end of spine(no cause found in MRI or bone scan)
    do releive most of my pain,along with vicoporfen.
    Good luck on your MRI
  5. kadywill

kadywill New Member

the site mentioned on another post...(family practice notebook) and I read a lot of good info on the MRI. I just have this feeling that it won't show anything. This is probably FMS related like everything else is. Hate spending all this $$$, especially since I've missed a whole week of work with this pain. If I can keep these patches, I MAY be able to work.....hope so!
    Love you guys!
    Kady
  6. HOUSEOFBLUES

HOUSEOFBLUES New Member

I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better.
    Let us know how the MRI went for you.....

LOVE
    HOB