I got tickets to "Dancing w/the Stars, anyone still watch?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by boltchik, Apr 10, 2008.

1. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Yea!! I am excited! My sister and I go to the Monday show, the one where everyone dances. It is in Hollywood. Is anyone else watching? Who are your favorites? I really like Jason and Edyta. Kristy is fantastic, but I think it's a little unfair with her dance background.

I didn't get to see the dances last Monday, just the results show, where Adam got eliminated. I thought that he would be next.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day, talk to you soon! Kim :)
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

My husband is not too fond of the show either. That's why I called my sister, Lol! They don't tell you where you are sitting until you get there. We have to be there by 3:30, and the show doesn't start until 8:00. But, I think you do get to go in early.

They also have a dress code, since some audience members are on tv. Evening wear. Hmmm..... I think I have an excuse to get a new dress!! Kim :)
    [This Message was Edited on 04/10/2008]
  3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

I watch it all the time, and we, the DH and I go to the Tour Show's, when they are at the Staples Center.

I hope you enjoy yourself.
    I know it will be a long time to be there, but it will be so worth it.

The Live Music, and seeing the Dancers up close, just bring so much more to the show.

We saw Karina, do a Tango that still gives me chills, at the last show, at Stapes.
    I'm so glad she has a good partner, alto, he too has a dance background.

I love Kristi, but, it is unfair, in a way, because she is able to do the hand movements with grace, and holds her lines so beautifuly.
    But that comes from her Ballet training.

I really enjoy this show, my Dh cracks up, because I make remarks, about their performance, he said I should be the Color Comentator, lol.

I keep thinking it would be nice to see one of the SHow's live. I have, some nice Gowns, that I could wear, but the long hours of waiting, for the show to start, would probably do me in.

WHat size are you? I'd be glad to loan you one of mine, lots of sparkles, that's sure to get you a front row seat.
    They like to put , the better dressed people where the cameras are going to be.

I am so Jealous, lol, have fun,
    btw, are you a Dancer? I was, and I sure do Miss it , probably even more than my Photography business.

Let us know what your wearing so we can Look for you,
    give us some kind of sign, eh? :}

4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Wow, so you have been to the tour shows? How fantastic! I guess everyone would do a great routine then, aren't the tours the professionals and some of the stars who were in the finals?

So, you could be a good judge I bet. :) My kids and I like to comment after a dance is done also, what they did the best, what could have used improvement, if they had good showmanship. My daughter usually dances while it is on, trying to imitate some of the moves. She does tap dance right now, she is so fun to watch.

How sweet of you to offer to lend me a gown! That was so nice of you!! Thank you!! I did end up going shopping with my sister today. The first dress I tried on I liked! Wow, I am pretty picky about stuff like that so I was surprised. It is a black thin strapped cocktail dress with a pretty dark pink accent ribbon.

I am going shoe shopping and for a pedicure tomorrow. Oh, I guess I might need some big sunglasses, Hollywood style, Lol!-while I am standing in line for a while. I would imagine I will be outside for a while.

I am/was a dancer. I danced from the time I was six until about 21. Some of that competitively on the high school dance team. Mostly jazz dance, but when I was younger, ballet, tap and even baton. What did you do? I also miss it very much.

So, that's what I am wearing, I will probably have on a black jacket if it gets cold.

Talk to ya soon! Kim :)

[This Message was Edited on 04/11/2008]
  5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

You can never go wrong with a "LBD", and yours sounds very pretty. Yes do take a jacket, you might be waiting in line, where the sun dont shine, ;O)

I was a Dancer, I did a few TV show's back when they had Teen Dance Show's.
    I also was a Go Go Dancer, keep my clothes on, and I was one of the first to wear Boots, I'm proud to say.
    They were GunMetal in color, and I loved them.

The way I learned to dance, was by watching American Bandstand, and using a "Door" for a partner, lol,
    It sure did swing good, for a stiff, lol.

I also studied, Tap, Jazz, but I couldn't continue with Ballet, due to my left ankle, and an Achillies Heel.
    Still hurts me, and the ankles turn all the time.

I bought a pair of Strappy 4'in Heel's with Rinestones,
    so far they just sit on a shelf, were I can look at them, lol.
    I can wear them when I use my Scooter and not have to walk.

Do you use De. Scholls, foot pad's.. sorry the sp is off.
    I use the kind that fit in Heels, they cushion the Ball of the foot, and also keeps the toes from sliding over the shoe, also if you ever have that problem, you can, just Spray a little Hairspray on the Ball of the foot and the shoe, it helps to keep your foot in place,

I have that Mortons Foot, with the Longer toe, and untill recently , started wearing open toe or strappy heel's.

sorry I am so gabby tonight, I can get that way, lol.

The Tours, are usually with, the Dancers, and some of the Stars also.
    THey also have a Dance Contest, with Top Students from the Arthur Murray Dance Studios.
    It's loads of fun, for sure.

I look forward to try to spot you, what show, are you going to, btw.?
    Be sure to wink if the camera comes your way, lol

6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

How fun that you were part of dancing on TV shows, and a go-go dancer too! I bet you have some great times to look back on. How exciting!

I don't think I would be doing 4" strappy heels either, Lol! I will get a shoe with a short heel on it, but nothing too high. I can't imagine standing in those for a long time. Truthfully, I am little worried about how long we have to stand in line. Sometimes I don't feel too well when doing something like that. But I am going to keep a positive attitude and look forward to the show.

I don't use any foot pads, but I am sure I could benefit from some. I am glad they help you.

I was at my daughter's dance studio yesterday and was watching some of the competitive dance classes, it was such fun, they were amazing. I know I would love the tour shows also.

I will be at this Monday night's show (the 14th). If I get on camera I will wink for sure. :) Kim
  7. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I am so happy for you! I would love to go see the show in person but I just can't seem to get motivated to think that far ahead.

I hope you are close the camera, so we can all see you wink! Did you find any shoes today? It would be so fun to dress up like that!

8. boltchik

boltchik New Member

It's good to hear from ya!! I hope you are doing well.

I am so excited, I just talked to my neighbor who went to the show last season. She said they start the show here on the west coast at 5:00, because they are actually doing it live for the east coast.

Now, I don't have to wait in line for hours! You have to be there by 3:30 and then she said everything moves kind of fast because they have to let you in early to go over audience rules and to get everyone seated.

I have to go get shoes tomorrow instead, I ran out of time today. I will let you all know how it goes! Kim :)
  9. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

You, know with the Styles of Flats that they are making these day's, you might consider a pair, or take a pair along for just in case.

I have a pair of T-Straps with a 1/2 square heel, that I usually wear to the Tour Show's, not tall enough to hurt my back, and and ankles.

Who are you Rooting for?
    I have 3 favorites, and so far I have guessed the winner, everytime.
    DH still owes me from the last one, come to think of it, lol.

Can't wait to hear about your Experience, bet you have a Ball.

Aren't the Younger ones, just adorable, when they are dancing,? I just love to watch them, takes me back to my Dancing day's.

We had a Dance Studio here,in Long Beach called, "Calls Fine Art Studio".
    They taught dance to Grade school and up, and if you didn't have the fee, they would wavie it, which was good since Mom couldn't afford it.

My 9th grade Boyfriend, went there also, we use to dance togeather, at the School Dances, the only time I didn't mnd someone looking at me. I was really shy back then.

He went on to become a 'QuickStep Ballroom Chanpion.
    He is also a retiring, Pres. for a big Corp in Pa.
    Darn let that One get away, lol, lol.
    I often wonder if He watches it too, and if it brings back memories too,

Well gabby needs to go to bed, maybe I'll have a dancing dream, lol,

just 2 more day's, ;o)
  10. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't post for a couple of days because I had a full weekend, and then yesterday was the day!

Did you see last night's show? Who did you like? See my post on Budmickl's thread titled: "Dancing Boltchik" for show details!! :) I loved watching Mario, Kristy, Shannen, and Marissa. Jason didn't seem to do as well as usual. It was a blast and I had fantastic seats!!

I love watching the younger kids compete on the Tues. results show, I think they are on again tonight, not sure?

Wow, so your boyfriend became a quick step champion? That is hard to master. I love the footwork. I am glad you got the opportunity to dance, what a great time you had!!
    And to have a good partner to dance with for ballroom, how lucky!

I really miss the jazz dancing, I bet you do too! We worked really hard, but I didn't mind because I loved it so much.

Well, go to that thread to get my recap of the night! Looking forward to talking to you soon! Kim :)