I got to see Cohen today :) :) :)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Jul 29, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

This is the bIGGEST roller coaster ride I have ever been on in my entire life!

Last night we didn't think we would get to see Cohen until this went to court.........I think maybe the mother of Cohen talked to a few people and realized that her bad attitude wouls just make her look bad in court!

Because she ended up saying we could take him for our TWO hours today!

We picked him up and she came out and monitored us putting him in his "brand spanking new" and awesome car seat..I bought him a top of the line car seat that will last until he no longer has to be in one.......it is comfy too!

anyhow she didn't have socks on him.....and asked me if I wanted some socks.....(since Iam not allowed to have him at my house)...........and we didn't have socks with us ( i have plenty at home though LOL ) anyway she got us socks.....

I said "bye bye mommy" as if Cohen was talking and I also said " everything is ok" so she wouldn't think she needed to worry!

We once again enjoyed every second with Cohen and when our two hours were up we took him safely home!

I love that baby boy so much......he is so cute and is already getting so big!

Iam thankful that I haven't missed more than just the one month they refused to let me see Cohen.................

PLEASE keep the prayers coming for our situation.........there is just no reason for all this ugliness .............we all just want to love Cohen!

I am happy and grateful I got to spend time with Cohen even if it is only two hours!!!!!!!!!!! "YAY"

XO
    Doxy
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2006]
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i posted a reply on your other post//
    i have a splitting headache...feel like you do i am sure...
    i am glad it is starting to roll..cohen will be around more often...

i think it is granny the big bad wolf that has the worst problems...but i think cohen mom will come around...as time goes by....

and just because the visitations schedule will be set a certain way..something your son could think about is that i bet she will want a break sometime...

and he could extend an extra helping hand to the single mom...

i only wished cody's dad would've done that ...but he has said if ever you have a date or need a break call me i 'll pick him up ....anythime...i think those were only words...

when he couldn't make it to his son's roller hockey games... only the weekend he had custody..then the rest were all b.s. excuses...

i need to get off from here...stressful days lately...

jodie
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Are you, or your son, keeping a log of visits, phone calls, etc.?

You may be asked to testify at some point. It will be nice if you can give the date, time, who was present, etc.
  4. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

Congratulations on getting to spend more time with your beautiful grandson. I am sure that every minute is priceless.

Rockgor is right. Make sure you document every visit, phone call or anything to do with them. We did when my son was going thru his divorce and it really helped his case. He is still documenting the vistiation, and how many times his X does not bother showing up for visitation, in case he has to go back to court.

You are all still in my prayers.
    [This Message was Edited on 07/30/2006]
  5. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you and your family. It put a smile on my face.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I am so glad you had a better visit today. Yes, keep that up, the being pleasant, and the poster who said keep a log, do it!!! It is the mom training the daughter for sure. Keep on trucking and just enjoy that darling little boy.

Love Anne Crom
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm so glad Doxy! I know my grandbabies are my world.. the thought of not seeing them would be awful! Hopefully she will realize that you are there to love and give emotional support to this young boy.. your not the enemy.. your Grandma for goodness sakes!

Rockgars right Doxy.. If you have any doubts on dates go back through your posts as I know you have a lot doccumented right here!

hugs!
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

This is wonderful Doxy! And I bet you gave him enough hugs and kisses from all of us. :)
  9. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Yes we do document everything!

I just can't see how they can be mean to me...............I love Cohen with all my heart and I have NO doubt that they know this!

It is indeed the girls mom training her,,,,,,,,,,,when her mom is not around everything is much less stressful!

I did indeed give Cohen lots of kisses and hugs in fact when I kiss him...it is never just one kiss it is always at least four or five in a row!

I can't even put into words the joy that baby boy brings to my heart.....he is one of the best things that EVER happened in my life............

PLEASE don't stop praying for us..............we need them desperatly.................I just want Cohen to be loved by all of us!

If only he knew right now how many people love him so very much!

Thanks for writing to me and for loving me too!
    Xo
    doxy
  10. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Hi Doxy,
    I have been following your story about custody of Cohen and how precious he is. I have been away from posting on the board for most of the month.

Just needed to get away--I don't think it matters if I'm here or not.

Just wanted you to know I was thinking of you and wishing the best for you and your son and little Cohen to have him in your life always.

Hugs,
    Faye