I got You

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sofy, Sep 25, 2003.

  1. sofy

    sofy New Member

    I read your reply about food allergies and what you described about your throat closing when eating mango could be life threatening. Please see your Dr. You may need to carry an allergy injection pen cuz if your throat swells enough to completely close, you die. Dont eat ANYTHING with mango. Usually with allergies every time you are exposed you get a little worse and you never know when the fatal dose could come.
  2. IgotYou

    IgotYou New Member

    I've thought about that. I carefully read labels now, but you're right, I should get that. It scared me to death the last time.
  3. sofy

    sofy New Member

    reading labels isnt enough. I had a friend, mid 30's who had a severe nut allergy all his life and he was so careful but still I watched him almost die once because of an unlabeled trace amount of nut dust. Reading labels is good, but mango is popular in restaurants and not a common allergy so you could possibly get some by mistake. Be careful and good to yourself. This is one thing you can fix about your health so go for it.