I Guess typing Skills Go, Too...Is There ANYTHING Not Affected?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pearls, Feb 16, 2003.

1. pearls

pearls New Member

Jeez! I can't even type anymore without a lot of the words looking like I have dyslexia, which I've never had! If my typing doesn't look that way to you, its only because I have edited and re-edited my work before I post it! PLEASE tell me there's SOMETHING not affected by this DD!

-Pearl
  2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

'Your great personality' seems to be intact! Is that a help?? (Smile).

Shalom, Shirl
  3. healing

healing New Member

on my nose!!! ;o)
  4. pammypoo

pammypoo New Member

me too. takes me forever to clean up my mistakes and spelling. I have never gotten an explanation for this and my doc said he had heard of it before but had no answer.
    Pammypoo
    [This Message was Edited on 02/16/2003]
  5. pearls

pearls New Member

Thanks for those sweet, lighthearted replies. I presume you could sense my frustration combined with a bit of wry humor.

Oh, yes! I DID find a place devoid of problems - the webbing between my two littlest toes on my left foot!

As to the spell checker: I use it all the time when it is available, but I haven't yet figured out where it is on this message board! Where IS that darned thing, anyway?

And word-replacement? Gosh, I'm the Queen of Replacement-Speak! Heaven knows what I tell my fourth-grade students!! They've caught me saying all sorts of things I didn't even know I said - things, of course, that were just wrong, such as, "12-2" when I meant, "6-2." I know where it came from , too, I think. Six is half (divided by 2) of 12. This is the New Math!! <G>

Some of my students have had to be reprimanded for disrespectful ways of telling me so. (I don't mind the respectful ones.) And some of you are familiar with my all-time silliest, "Students, put your books in your refrigerators!"

Soft hugs to all of you,
    -Pearl
  6. pamela

pamela New Member

I thought I was just really getting old or something but when I type words I also type stuff like I have dyslexia. It's like all the letters are typed backwards or before they are suppost to be typed. Some days it's worse. Pamela
  7. hideycat

hideycat New Member

We all have trouble typing! I use to be good at it - now I just hope it's readable. My fingers just don't work anymore like they use to.

8. snester

snester New Member

And I just thought it was a side effect of the Neurontin...I refer to this as my fingers stuttering. I feel so much better now. ;)
  9. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who does this. Sometimes I can't even remember where the keys are and I'm a secretary. But, I do switch letters around a lot. Editing is now part of my job. I really get into trouble with numbers :(
  10. pearls

pearls New Member

Perhaps it IS a side effect of Neurontin. I've been taking it for several months, which leads me to ask two questions:

1)Are others of you who have the same problem with typing using Neurontin?

2) Are some of you who have this problem NOT using Neurontin?

-Pearl
  11. Fibromiester

Fibromiester New Member

~~~but 'snester' said it all!...

"Our fingers are Stuttering!"

I love that! I laughed!

When I post,(and I'm not a typer-I use 2 Index fingers)-I always have to stop & edit my words...or did I just print "wrods"? HaHaHa

Fibromiester :)
  12. dlizard

dlizard New Member

just in the past few months... my fog has been horrendous too... I frequently just blank out on words and that's pretty much why I'm not responding as much.... it takes too much brain power I guess..... Good luck!