I had a BADDDDDDDD weekend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Jul 9, 2006.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I haven't had a flare this bad for a longggggggggg time!

Iam sure all the stress going on isn't helping.......I was so sick all day and night both Saturday and Sunday!

I ached from head to toe, my head hurt, and my stomach was upset off and on so bad that I couldn't get comfortable.

My pain meds have done almost nothing to the pain and that's when I know it's bad!

I would like to ask those of you who take medication on a regular basis ...........what you do when you flare badly and need something stronger?

When I take my medication I have to split them in half.....if I take more than that at a time I get a bad headache ...............so what migh tbe some suggestions?

Thank you for your help...........I hope you all had a much better weekend than I did! :)

XO
    Doxy
  2. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I feel rotten tihs day as my throat hurts and I have a dry cough that feels like it is ripping my lungs out. I sometimes really want to take a bit more of the muscle relaxant than is prescribed for me. And if I do I will run out and it is not good for me.

I try when i get feeling bad to take my vitB as it is to help reduce stress and ease muscle pain. I also take the magnisium too. I will take hot baths with the epsom salts in it or if I have it I will use my bath products from LUSH and have a nice bath with my Dreamtime bath oil. I love it. And I have others too but I like the ones who make me relax and somehow I feel better than before.

I had the problem with the headaches only once this past year. My pain doctor was having some problems of his own and I had to see his PA who thought that I would do better if she changed my MSconitn100 mg x 5 daily to 200 mg x 3 a day. She prescribe them to me in the one hundrend mgs as if they made me sick I could just take my old doesage.

I took 2 100 mgs p ills and with in a hour I had the worst headache that I had ever had. And I was so sick to my stomache that it was the last time I took 2 of them at a time. I called her the next day and told her that I could not take the 2 pills ata time because they gave me the worst headahce and made me ill.
    I understand who you feel when you take too much of your meds as they can and do give headaches. I will have to use a cold pack on the back of my neck and a hot pack at my feet as I get so cold and the cold makes me aache more but having the cold on my neck helped with my headache.

I do wish that there was something that I could take that would just ease my pain and if it got worse there would be some thing else to do. But sadly there is not that type of help in the meds. Just try to take the least amount possiable for you that will relive your pain and not give oyou the headache. But if you need to take the does higher to relieve your head ache take iit and see if you can get some thing to make your tummy not feel sick.

I don't know what else to say but wrap up in a warm blanket from the dryer before you go to bed and I think it will help with your stress and pain.
    I hope that you are feeling better soon.
    LOts of hugs for you,
    Love ya,
    Rosemarie
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

You will be all knotted up with stress right now. What can you do to relax? It seems to me this may help.

I am sorry you are flaring. I am too a little as I overdid a few good days by catching up with decorating(walpaper)and now I am paying for it.

I am hoping the pain doc I see for first time today will be able to help me with some manipulations, suggestions for nutritional/supplements support and maybe trigger release.

I hope you can get help.

Love Anne Cromwell
  4. petsrme

petsrme Member

So sorry you had such a bad weekend. I hope you are feeling better now. The stress is not helping you of course and the working so much. Hopefully you will be able to settle the issue with Cohen and visitation very soon and that will help ease up the stress some. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya!
  5. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Sometimes I could head off a bad flare by taking 2 Alka Seltzer at the very beginning of flaring.
    (You can try it anytime). I don't know why it worked but it did.
    Hope you are feeling better soon.