I had a chance to speak with Dr. Ray Strand last night

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by usanagirl, May 16, 2006.

1. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

As some of you may be aware that I am a believer in nutritional medicine in balance with traditional medicine and wanted to share the results of a Q and A conference call with Dr. Strand last night.

He touched on FMS/CFS for quite a while. I've been told this by him and he said it again last night that over 70% of patients will respond to an aggressive nutritional regimen and regain their health. This goes with any chronic disease, but when individuals support themselves and are committed to follow this regimen for 6 months, they will see results. 6mths is the key though. That is how long it takes your body to build up it's natural immune system and repair system. And sometimes it may take 12 mths... Since nutritionals are not prescription drugs, they don't work as quickly and they take time. So the individuals that get frustrated after a month or two and say they are not working...first of all, they haven't been taking them long enough and secondly, they're probably not taking a high quality supplement.

In closing, I have found what has worked for me because I have followed his advice!!!

Have a great day!

2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I'm wondering- what do you have and how long have you had it? I'm glad you wrote about Dr. Strand- I've been researching his site lately, and I find it interesting how he did a 180 turn around because of his wife's success with the supplements. My husband is starting the Reset program today, to lose some weight, and I will be observing for the time being. Not that I don't need to lose weight- I do- but I want to see how he does on it. My son (19) has CFIDS and I do a lot of research for his condition. He's able to take a minimal load at college (minimum for full time) and hasn't gotten sick enough to miss school since January, so maybe we're doing something right. He's taking Cortef plus a lot of supplements.

Thanks for writing, Dena! Terri
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

4. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

About 7 yrs ago I had developed this burning sensation in my throat and esophagus that disabled me from eating for about a week. It felt like a chemical burn but didn't know how I could've done that...not like swallowed drano or anything...
    I was zapped of energy and my body began to ache and thought maybe it was just exhaustion from exercising. They ran a couple of test that of course, came back negative. So I was diagnosed with anorexia and given Zoloft. I was furious! How could these tests possibly show nothing when I was feeling terrible!!??
    It wasn't until 2005 and 2 children later when I was at my limit with my these symptoms when a friend of mine introduced me to Dr. Strand's site. I immediately became a member, ordered the books and have been on his regimen ever since!!
  5. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

6. tlayne

tlayne Member

If I search dr. strand will I find him? I believe what you are saying. I think that the medications that the dr.s give us treat the symptoms, but do nothing to cure this dd. I have tried SO MANY nutritional supplements, and I have about given up on them also.

If only a person could find a qualified person to guide them thru the RIGHT treatment. Hugs, Tam
  7. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

Google Dr. Ray Strand or go to www.bionutrition.org

Live life to it's fullest!
  8. tlayne

tlayne Member

THANK YOU! I will look into it! Tam
  9. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member