I had a thought....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Jan 16, 2006.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

I myself have chemical sensetivties and I thought I should share what I use to clean around my home.

I invested in a Eureka Enviro-Steamer. This is a very handly little machine that uses only steam to clean. No chemicals at all and it does it's job very well! It will clean any hard, non-porus surface even floors. The best part is that it is light and easy to use!

If I need a cleaner or disinfectant I use vinegar and baking soda. People seem to have forgotten the power of these two common household ingredients.

If my bathtub needs a good scrubbing I use a baking soda and vinegar paste. Add a little hot water where needed and go to town! It works better than chlorine containing cleaners IMHO.

I do use Oxyclean on occasion. It is particularly good for cleaning my toilets. I put a scoopful in the toilet and let stand for a bit then scrub with the brush and flush! For those stubborn rings around your toilet, use a pumice stone and scrub at it. Sometimes I spread this task out over a few days because it is tiring.

Another good all purpose cleaner is "Tidy Up" found on the tropical traditions web site.

Well, that is all I can think of for now. I hope that helps someone.

Hugs
    Brooke
  2. gabdeb

gabdeb New Member

Its so hard to even clean the house so anythng helpful is great. I did buy a little lite steamer and its great but to small cause I have to stop and fill it to often, so the bigger one is better. The one I have is the one you carry with a strap on it. works great ,i just recommeng the bigger one it really isnt that heavy.

chemicals dont bother me to bad but i do like to use vinegar and soda. keeps the pipes clean too. thanks for the info on the pumice stone. I didnt know that. try it when i can get myself to clean. last week was so bad and im feeling so much better this week for whatever reason so im trying to do some cleaning. yuk but it has to be done.

Im awake so late tonight cause i had a tooth pulled today and i think its all the shots he gave me wearing off and hurting. alway something.

Have a good pain free day and thanks for the tips.
    deb
    [This Message was Edited on 01/17/2006]
  3. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

My house looks like a tornado went through it right now. I have been feeling really sick lately and have not spent much of my energy cleaning.

Sometimes I feel like cleaning and sometimes I don't.