I had a very rough night.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

The pain and the muscle spasms were horrible, after trying a couple of times of going to bed, I thought I was finally going to get some sleep, until I rolled over and I got this horrible muscle spasm in my left side from my hip down to my ankle. . Finally was able to get up. and I took a hot bath with 2 cups of ebsom salts. Stayed in the tub for abour 1/2 hour drinking my ice water, then I rinsed off and I'm waiting for my jammies to finish getting dried, then I'll try bed again.

OK well, I am I'm going back to bed----I really need some good sleep~~I have to work for 3 hours today.

Thanks for listening.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

They contain magnesium. Have you supplemented with magnesium before bedtime? Some of us take antispasmodic meds, like Klonopin, Neurontin, or Lyrica for better sleep and to ccontrol muscle spasms. These meds are not to be taken lightly but if one isn't getting any sleep, they can really help.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/02/2011]
  3. sascha

sascha Member

magnesium oil. i just bought some online. you can find information about it online. what i bought came in a spray bottle. is maybe something that can help with the problems you are having. i've just had it a short time and am just now trying it out. i read that many people have a severe magnesium shortage, and that supplements don't really help; that the body can't absorb magnesium through pills.

it's something that might be worth a try- best, sascha
  4. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

Hey Hon! One thing I admire about you is that you never give up! You keep trying things until they work. I know that relief is the hardest thing to find with this illness.

I hope you're 3 hours aren't too unbearable.

Fight ;)
  5. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

So sorry you experienced this. I hope work was tolerable for you too. Concurring with the other great suggestions. I always do the warm Epsom salt baths when I overdo it and my muscles hurt. Perhaps an Epsom salt bath right before you go to sleep would be good? Also, perhaps heating pads in the worst areas of pain would help?

Also, I don't know if a gel or cream that you rub directly onto the muscles would help with pain and spasms? There are products like Aspercreme and also ones that don't have medicines in them. I can't think of the names off the top of my head, but pharmacists would know.

Also, I've had many sleep issues and read that warm socks at night help getting to sleep. Even when the rest of my body is roasting, my feet tend to be cold. It might be worth trying.

Wishing you a much better night of sleep and no more pain.

Soft hugs,