I had a visitor

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sheri, Nov 22, 2002.

1. sheri

sheri New Member

Costrocondritis came to visit me last night, just as I was going to bed...It felt like pain under my right rib(liver? dr. thinks not) I walked around for a while, when I couldn't get any relief from re-positioning myself anyway in the bed...sipped a little milk..Got on the computer for a bit, then things seemed to ease(pain under right rib)OUCH
    I just casually rubbed my palms across my lower ribs, sort of an 'uconcious' thing, and WOW. were my ribs sore, I pressed around and sooo tender. It came on so fast!!Been to the Dr. today and got diagnosed, (still wonder about liver),
    she is also testing for pancriatis, and will continue to test for one thing and another til we find whats going on.
    Of course our everpresent FM joins me in all of this too, been a looong flare. She did find an infect. in urine test.
    So back to my friendly pharmacist...just saw him (and Dr. Monday, but I didn't want to go through another weekend self-helping. I have a tendency to wait too long to go to Dr. then things build up and I have to have a series of many visits to get straightened out...Otherwise, it was great to see the sunshine today. Hoping to get to the point where I can do some housecleaning for Thanksgiving company.
    Does anyone else with they could keep their house company ready? I thought when it was just my hsb. and I , I would be able to do that. Not so. I just read my post and I have so many tpo's, I really do know how to type, but I sure have been making a lot of mistakes lately. Also mis-spelled words...I must try harder...blessings, sheri
  2. sheri

sheri New Member

Costrocondritis came to visit me last night, just as I was going to bed...It felt like pain under my right rib(liver? dr. thinks not) I walked around for a while, when I couldn't get any relief from re-positioning myself anyway in the bed...sipped a little milk..Got on the computer for a bit, then things seemed to ease(pain under right rib)OUCH
    I just casually rubbed my palms across my lower ribs, sort of an 'uconcious' thing, and WOW. were my ribs sore, I pressed around and sooo tender. It came on so fast!!Been to the Dr. today and got diagnosed, (still wonder about liver),
    she is also testing for pancriatis, and will continue to test for one thing and another til we find whats going on.
    Of course our everpresent FM joins me in all of this too, been a looong flare. She did find an infect. in urine test.
    So back to my friendly pharmacist...just saw him (and Dr. Monday, but I didn't want to go through another weekend self-helping. I have a tendency to wait too long to go to Dr. then things build up and I have to have a series of many visits to get straightened out...Otherwise, it was great to see the sunshine today. Hoping to get to the point where I can do some housecleaning for Thanksgiving company.
    Does anyone else with they could keep their house company ready? I thought when it was just my hsb. and I , I would be able to do that. Not so. I just read my post and I have so many tpo's, I really do know how to type, but I sure have been making a lot of mistakes lately. Also mis-spelled words...I must try harder...blessings, sheri
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Costo chondritis is caused by inflammation. I can use ibuprophen when any inflammation is present in my body. One can take 800 mgs. at a time every 6 hours, not to exceed 2400 mgs. withing a 24 hour period.

I'm not a proponent of steriods, but when I lived in Denver's dry, thin, polluted air, my cc got so bad the pain kept me awake and was shooting out my shoulder blades and down my arm. An orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine gave me an injection between two ribs right next to the breast bone. It lasted a year until the next late winter/early spring when bronchitis and pneumonia run rampant in the Denver area. The next injection also lasted another year. Finally, I moved to SW Florida's hot, humid climate and my asthma and other inflammatory respiratory problems disappeared, thank God.

Good luck.

Love, Mikie