I had an appendectomy

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Aug 19, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Hi all,
    Well life has been a little bit of a whirlwind here lately. Last Tuesday morning at 3 a.m. I started vomitting and I had a lot of pain in my side.

Randy took me to the ER and my appendix had burst. So, much for our vacation. I was released yesterday and I must say I'm feeling very sore. I'm surprised at how large the incision was.....they were unable to perform laprascopic surgery.

I will be just lounging around for a while. Glad to be home but I feel bad that we missed our vacation.
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I am sorry that you missed your vacation. That has to be hard, but glad that you are ok now....
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

Thats not an easy operation.
    At least not for me.
    I had the same thing happen in 2002. I went to the ER with bad stomach pain, no vomiting tho..... and within hrs I was rushed into emergency surgery for my appendix.
    It had'nt yet ruptured. I think I spent 5 days in that hell hole :)
    I remember having a decent amount of pain after for about 10 days.
    Not real bad,.. but very sore/bruised like feeling,& it was hard moving around. I also had the full cut,... but mines only about 3 inches.
    please do just lounge around for awhile,.. your body needs the time to get back to normal.
    (whatever normal is???) lol
    glad the worse part is over for you~
  4. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry you have had to go threw this ordeal. You have already had such a rough summer. I haven't been on much lately and didn;t know you where going in vacation but am glad you hadn't left yet.

I hope you recover quickly and get back to your garden-take care-Carla
  5. sisland

sisland New Member

WoW! and Not Fun at all!,,,,,I'm so glad your home now and it's over with!,,,,I'm saying a prayer for you that your recovery will be fast and as painless as possible!,,,,,HUgs!,,,,,,,,Sis
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

How did you spend your vacation?

Oh, I had surgery.

What miserable timing. I hope you are feeling a little better by this time. What about your neck surgery? Is that still healing?

Two surgeries in one summer is too many.

7. greygodess

greygodess New Member

Sorry to hear about the appendix. I guess it is pretty painful when it bursts. Hope you are back on your feet soon. Godbless
  8. springwater

springwater Active Member

Hope you are well real soon.

Both my husband and ma in law have had appendectomies...and it scared the life out of me the first time....hubs didnt know what was causing so much pain....and it was scary to see him go off in a car to get an operation.....I didnt know they had laparascopic operations for appendicitis also..husbands also was the normal one...he took some time recovering...

Have a good rest...the stitches need to heal properly.

God Bless

9. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Thank you so very much for all the well wishes!

I had my staples removed yesterday and my incision is becoming infected. I did notice it was getting red and sore so I've been cleaning it with perioxide. Hopefully, the antibotics will knock it out.
  10. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I just had surgery too, but mine was for my shoulder and it was planned! Still wasn't much fun tho.

You mentioned your incision being larger than you had hoped. Have you heard of a product OTC called Mederma? It's a gel that's mostly Aloe Vera that is used to reduce the appearance of scars. My sister had back surgery and swears it faded her scar.

I only have 3 half inch scars from my surgery, but I'm trying out the Mederma anyway. (I had Arthroscopic surgery.) The worst scar is the one right on the front of my shoulder about 2 inches up from my armpit crease. Lovely in a tank top!

Take it easy and don't overdo it. :)
  11. Marta608

Marta608 Member

This has not been your summer!

Feel better soon.

12. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

what a terrible thing to happen to you Monica.

I hope you recover soon, take it easy and don't push yourself.

There will always be the chance of another holiday.

13. DrMomknows

DrMomknows New Member

To Miss your vacation, but glad to hear that you're alright