I had an appt today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AC77, May 6, 2003.

1. AC77

AC77 New Member

I had an appt as a follow-up to my ER visit. It took an hr to get in even though I made the appt almost a month ago.
    Same Old B.S. Dr was very grim about my blood results...wants to test me for lupus factors and so forth, even though I dont have any of the hallmark symptoms. He mentioned I was depressed more than usual. Of course I am. He said you need Effexor, he wrote an Rx and also gave me Valium, which was shocking too me. Most dr.s dont use it anymore--though it's very good for muscle cramps and relaxation. I am already am on Klonopin, so I thought, what the hell. I am aware of the side effects of Effexor and have been on it before. So, I took them with a sip of coffee. Will get the blood work done tommorow, which all my friends think is futile. He is a D.O. which can be good and bad. In this case it was bad. At least he tries.
  2. AC77

AC77 New Member

We do get shielded to some point and appts tend to go quick because they don't have to explain the details to us as much. It's easier to get the meds, if you ask--I generally don't because I am at a loss as what, and how to treat this that I havent already done! One thing you never do is play the doctor yourself when getting treated or they will shove you out the door, I just listened, asked a few questions. I noted he wrote the prescription wrong, spelling and dosage.

I am seeing a massage therapist, endorsed by an M.D. so my ins will cover it. I can't wait. I want to be med free. My biggest problem is fatique and unfortuanatly massage wont work for that
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so sorry. You deserve better than this. Have you been reading the benefits of olive leaf extract? I have started using the tincture to make tea as a way to try to control the Herpes-family virus which is still making me sick. People report feeling more energetic with it.

I have also found that I need to keep a very low dose of the Klonopin going during the day as well as the bigger dose at night. I slip 1/4 of a .5 mg tablet under my tongue twice during the day at about 10:00 a.m and again about 6:00 p.m. If I experience anxiety or sensory overload, I slip an extra one unless I am close to taking one anyway. Too much during the day makes me tired.

I am convinced that most of us are suffering from chronic infections of one kind or another. The OLE appears to be a most promising treatment and much cheaper than antibiotics, antivirals, and antifungals. Nothing we do will really help us until these infections are addressed. I believe most of the infections are infections of opportunity; therefore, I also take the colostrum and ImmunPlex whey from this site.

Love, Mikie