I had an idea.....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by HeavenlyRN, Mar 28, 2010.

1. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

....and yes, it hurt!! :)

How about if we suggest a "Political" Board to PH?

Think it might keep some of the other boards a little more user friendly?
  2. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Maybe. Do you think PH would allow a political board? Doesn't hurt to ask for one.

Good luck!

3. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

I'm having second thoughts about that. Since this is a Health Site, and PH sells supplements, maybe it wouldn't be appropriate to have a political board. Would draw in alot of political interest folks. I'm sure the boards cost alot of money to keep going.

I don't know. Let's see what others think about it.

4. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

I hadn't thought about that! Like I said on another post.....my brain is kind of shriveled today!

But you make a good point. I was just trying to think of a way that folks could disagree without some people feeling as though they have to stop coming because they never know what they'll find when they open a seemingly "innocent" post.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I believe in that old saying ..... it's best NOT to discuss politics or religion.

It will only cause disagreements, fights, and lost friendships.
  6. quanked

quanked Member

Not sure that it would matter if there was a separate board. CFIDS/FM/ME's history is quite political on so many levels. And someone mentioned what PH's business is about supplements not politics.

Actually, making political board could bring some unwanted attention to PH.

It is fascinating to me as I read the more political posts that it becomes readily apparent who is interested in seriously sorting through issues and interested in hearing some other takes on any given issue.

It also is quite obvious in these threads who wants to just squabble, poke digs at others and just be disagreeable to be disagreeable. Once I see that the thread is becoming one where others are being baited and pushed around I feel like it becomes a waste of time to respond. Sometimes when there are some members earnestly exploring the issue in a respectful manner I will continue on in the thread. Even then it seems that a thread can get ugly and disrespectful to the point that I do not want bother with any further responses.

I cannot see quitting the board because of some who cannot be okay with themselves unless they are abusive to others whether they are overt or covert about it (unless they completely take over the board). There are some posters here that I will not read--I will not read anything they begin a thread about and I ignore their posts in response to someone else's thread. They just are not worth my time.

However, all in all, I find most people on the boards okay, respectful, interesting, helpful and empathic. There is so much to be gained by being here--the other people are just a minor .nuisance

[This Message was Edited on 03/30/2010]