I had planned to fire my doc BUT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dlizard, Sep 5, 2002.

1. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I haven't been able to find anyone else! sooooo I had my appt yesterday and it was GOOD! I'm still stunned!!!! first of all.... I'm having another surgery on this coming wed. I keep getting laryngeal nodules and they have to be removed again! well... when I arrived to the office I was told that I didn't have an appointment so I whipped out the card with the appt on it LOL>>>> yes I do..... I told them it was sad in america when a person can't get healthcare!!!! of course I said it in front of all the other patients!!!! The nurse agreed and then of course they saw me! ( I just love that assertiveness training I received LOL it works!!!) soooo first they noticed the huge weight loss! ( about 28 pounds) and then I think they noticed I can be a "nice person" when I feel better LOL>>>!!!! anyway, I always take a written list of symptoms with me so I don't forget anything and a list of meds... and a list of questions so you know guys, I prepare for my appts! That takes time and effort on my part! I talked with the doc about how I felt, what I was doing about it, how I feel its important not to mask symptoms etc... I told him why I choose the natural route over all of the antidepressants etc... he listened!! we talked about compliance and I asked him, since I don't take your medicine... do you consider me compliant????? he said "YES"..... I couldn't believe it!! he agreed to support me in my decisions.... I think he's seeing that I'm not destined to be ill... I don't wanna be... He obviously judged me to be a whiner when I met him but I was sooo ill and he blew me off. He finally agreed and acknowldeged that "they" ( docs) don't really know much about this illness ,,,, that was important for me to hear!!! He said his gut tells him its neuro in origin but of course that has yet to be proven... I just was absolutely delighted when he agreed to check my immune function!!! I want all thebaselinethings done so that one day..... I'll either be a medical miracle or eligible for a cure!!! LOL>>>> at any rate.... its the first time in 20 years I've left a rheumatologist with hope!!!!!!! That may well be short lived but I needed it yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  2. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I haven't been able to find anyone else! sooooo I had my appt yesterday and it was GOOD! I'm still stunned!!!! first of all.... I'm having another surgery on this coming wed. I keep getting laryngeal nodules and they have to be removed again! well... when I arrived to the office I was told that I didn't have an appointment so I whipped out the card with the appt on it LOL>>>> yes I do..... I told them it was sad in america when a person can't get healthcare!!!! of course I said it in front of all the other patients!!!! The nurse agreed and then of course they saw me! ( I just love that assertiveness training I received LOL it works!!!) soooo first they noticed the huge weight loss! ( about 28 pounds) and then I think they noticed I can be a "nice person" when I feel better LOL>>>!!!! anyway, I always take a written list of symptoms with me so I don't forget anything and a list of meds... and a list of questions so you know guys, I prepare for my appts! That takes time and effort on my part! I talked with the doc about how I felt, what I was doing about it, how I feel its important not to mask symptoms etc... I told him why I choose the natural route over all of the antidepressants etc... he listened!! we talked about compliance and I asked him, since I don't take your medicine... do you consider me compliant????? he said "YES"..... I couldn't believe it!! he agreed to support me in my decisions.... I think he's seeing that I'm not destined to be ill... I don't wanna be... He obviously judged me to be a whiner when I met him but I was sooo ill and he blew me off. He finally agreed and acknowldeged that "they" ( docs) don't really know much about this illness ,,,, that was important for me to hear!!! He said his gut tells him its neuro in origin but of course that has yet to be proven... I just was absolutely delighted when he agreed to check my immune function!!! I want all thebaselinethings done so that one day..... I'll either be a medical miracle or eligible for a cure!!! LOL>>>> at any rate.... its the first time in 20 years I've left a rheumatologist with hope!!!!!!! That may well be short lived but I needed it yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!