I had some Validation today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Sep 18, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Finally, two nurses found stuff and believed me. What did it take, SEVENTEEN YEARS :p

Two visiting nurses came today to check on me. They took my blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and listened to my heart. They found the irregular heartbeat right away. They saw that my blood pressure dropped about thirty points when standing, and they said they couldn't find my pulse and had to do it a few times because it was barely there. And they said I had a low grade fever. So at least I had validation. No one said I was nuts. And they didn't tell me to get on out there and exercise. I didn't have to defend myself and prove I'm sick for once.

So, how come these nurses found stuff, but my idiot doctor's office can't find a thing wrong, ever. I could go into the doctor's office bleeding out my eyes and ears and they still would say I'm nuts and should exercise.
  2. zoster

zoster New Member

Hi teabisqit,

Good for you that the nurses checked for things the Doctors hadn't. I have difficulties standing for even very short periods, worse while standing still.

I'd seen on TV a doctor checking for blood pressure changes when standing and lying down in ME/CFS but it's never been checked in me. Blood pressure always checked while sitting down.

Hope you get some help for the blood pressure dropping. Let us know how you get on.

Take care
  3. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

If you ever feed the need to be validated, you'll always have us!!!!
  4. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

I have found that nurses , PT's , OT's and other "body contact" people know your body more than the doctor does. They are in intimate contact when they take blood , pulse , temperature , listen to your heart , or help you learn to move and cope with life better.

They tend to see you much more often than the doctor does. I wish the doctor would truly listen to what the nurses , PTs and OT's really KNOW about you because they SPEND TIME with you .

God bless those 2 nurses !