I had surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MAGIE, Oct 28, 2002.

1. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

lAST THURSDAY I HAD CARPAL TUNNEL AND ULNAR NERVE ENTRAPMENT SURGERY ON MY RIGHT WRIST AND ELBOW. HAS ANYONE THAT HAS HAD THIS SURGERY CAN TELL ME WHAT IS THE RECOVERY PERIOD. I HEARD THE CARPAL TUNNEL SURGERY IS NOT THAT BAD, BUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER ONE.ALSO HOW LONG IS THE PHYSICAL THERAPY.I AM IN A LOT OF PAIN AND TOGETHER WITH THE FIBRO, IT MAKES IT WORST.
    THANK YOU.
    MAGIE
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]
  2. MAGIE

MAGIE New Member

lAST THURSDAY I HAD CARPAL TUNNEL AND ULNAR NERVE ENTRAPMENT SURGERY ON MY RIGHT WRIST AND ELBOW. HAS ANYONE THAT HAS HAD THIS SURGERY CAN TELL ME WHAT IS THE RECOVERY PERIOD. I HEARD THE CARPAL TUNNEL SURGERY IS NOT THAT BAD, BUT I DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE OTHER ONE.ALSO HOW LONG IS THE PHYSICAL THERAPY.I AM IN A LOT OF PAIN AND TOGETHER WITH THE FIBRO, IT MAKES IT WORST.
    THANK YOU.
    MAGIE
    [This Message was Edited on 10/28/2002]
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

Hi Magie,
    I am having the same thing done this Thurs. Oct. 31. Is it really painful? Maybe we can help each other through the recovery! My email address is: tlynnbaker7@aol.com
    Email me if you would like.
    Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I had carpal tunnel surgery done on both wrists (not at the same time). My right hand recouperated very quickly and I was back to work within 6 weeks (my job was a very physically demanding position at local greenhouses). I had my left hand operated on the following year (2001) and it seemed like it took forever to get back to normal. It was so uncomfortable that I went back to my surgeon. She said it would take time and patience. I am primarily right handed and that was why my right healed faster.

Did you have a full open procedure (cut into the palm) or the microscopic (small cut at the wrist)? I had the latter. I didn't have true P/T, but was given exercises to do on my own after the stitches were removed. Go slowly! Let your pain be your guide.

I feel your pain, but it will get better. Good luck, Lisa