I had the mother of all ice cream headaches Sunday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lovethesun, Sep 12, 2005.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

My husband bought me a fruit smoothie.somehow when sipping it iy got the certain place.What I think happened is as the ice hit the roof of my mouth,I started to get the regular headache-it then caused muscles to spasm and the pain was very intense.My husband said that my face turned bright red...........brain freeze and fibro-not a good combination.I had a headache for an hour after that!Linda
  2. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

Sounds like no fun! I get those in the summer. I cheat and always let my smoothies melt down before I drink them. One to many headaches in my memory banks I guess I never thought about it till now.
    Dee50
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I've never been a lover of cold sweets, like ice cream, smoothies, frozen yogurt, etc. I hate that ice cream headache thing!

Hugs,
    Pam
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I've has these before,but never the muscle spasm that came afterward.I will drink these things a lot more gingerly now!
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I take my chances because I love ice cream so much. Sigh. I haven't had an ice cream headache in a bit now, but think I'll lay off for a while; you gave me a little wake-up call.

Hope you are feeling better now. Hope the smoothie was good enough to bear the headache. Course, I don't know how good it would have to be for you to be worth a headache.

Hugs,
    Sue
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

Strawberry and Banana,but it will be a long time before I sip one in any way but carefully!