I had to cut my anniversary ring off my finger.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Jan 20, 2003.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

last p.m.....
    My fingers are so swollen from the angioedema and hives that I couldn't possibly get the ring off and my finger was painful, tight and itchy! I knew it was gonna get worse, so my husband got out the needlenose pliars and another gizmo and cut it off. It was painful, but after he snapped it and pulled the ring off, my color started to return and I applied ice immediately. Now all of my rings are safely in my jewelry box and my puffy fingers can swell all they want to! I have to say that the entire experience was more than a little frightening. I'd had a wide wedding band removed in the ER back in 1974 and it was just a year after I was married, so this was VERY traumatic for me. But, last night's experience was not even THAT good....my sweetie was actually gonna saw away at the ring on my puffy finger with a hacksaw!!!!! I told him that he could just forget that.......good grief. It was kinda funny...he had this determined look on his face as if that ring was gonna go somehow and no matter what it took, he was gonna be the one to remove it. I was thinking seriously that my finger may have to go, too! Whew! Glad that's over!
    Kady
  2. joannie1

joannie1 New Member

I am so sorry to hear about your ring dilema. It must be hard for you. I am VERY glad that the hacksaw was not used though, oh goodness that would be one heck of a story to try and explain at the ER ha. I am sorry that you are having such problems with your hands. You poor dear.
    Take care,
    Joannie
  3. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

I'm very sorry that happened to you. I can't imagine not being able to wear my wedding ring.

Maybe once you get your rings fixed, you could buy a pretty chain and wear them around your neck. They'd be closer to your heart that way!!

Debbie
  4. epicurean

epicurean New Member

glad it worked out all right,despite the potential for disaster!!
    I finally had most of my rings sized-a small dog could jump through them!!
    Have a great day.
  5. herekitty

herekitty New Member

I had to get my rings cut off once due to sudden swelling. I went to a jeweler, and he cut them off for free. They had a special tool for just that purpose, and it didn't hurt. Just a thought for those who find themselves in this situation. (Then I just left the rings to be fixed!)
    Kitty =^..^=