I Had to Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jake123, Jul 25, 2006.

1. jake123

jake123 New Member

I was about to go down the escalator yesterday and I was going to let a mom with two little boys go first. The smaller of the boys got on immediately but the older boy balked so his mother was trying to persuade him to get on all the while looking down the stairs at the smaller boy.

She finally stepped on and tried to pull the older boy on but his feet were firmly planted. She then started trying to climb back up the down moving stairs. So I just picked up the child and I told him "I'll carry you down and you don't have to step on these stairs, I won't put you down till we get all the way down."

The mom was very thankful and I said "No problem, I'm a Grandmother and did you know there is an elevator?"

I am paying for it today with burning arms and shoulders and a headache with a burning scalp. Bad, bad day. But I had to help.
  2. TAM

TAM New Member

Oh i'm sorry very sorry sweetie that you have worse pain because you helped out a mom.

That was so very thoughtful of you though.
    It's a shame that you have to suffer such pain for an act of kindness.

Your a very sweet person the world needs more people who as kind as you. I hope your pain goes away soon, feel better. Tammy

3. milligan1

milligan1 New Member

You know I think that is probably one of the things that brings on depression faster than anything else with me. My granddaughters, 9 and 5 still want me to hold them and I pay dearly every time I do it. I am nearing the point that I have to say no, and that I hate most of all.
    JW
  4. jake123

jake123 New Member

You would have done the same. It was just one of those moments when you see the look of OH NO in the mom's eyes!

It is July 26 now and I am already doing better with meds behind me and eating lunch with my DH at 2:00 pm.

Early to bed tonight!