I hate the new message list format.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrlondon, Nov 1, 2008.

1. mrlondon

mrlondon Member

The fonts are too small, and the default blue color is hard to see. I also don't care for the new fancy icons on the left. It's way too busy looking with them.

I personally like the yahoo discussion group message list format, which is similar to google groups, i.e. bigger fonts, and you get to see a line or two of the text of the message, without having to read the message. This is very good, as it often reduces the need to actually read the message to see what it's about. Since both major group sites use this format, why not ProHealth? - Mark
  2. mom2many

mom2many New Member

I really liked the old board MUCH better. :(
  3. quanked

quanked Member

For all the same reasons mentioned. I usually did not mind changes of this sort in the past. Now, I depend on sameness and habits to keep me going without high levels of stress and frustration. There was a time when nothing I did relied on habits or sameness. I seemed to thrive on disorganization. No more. Visually, I find this site very difficult to use.

I do appreciate its existence very much. I just wish preferences, choices and suggestions had been sought from those of us who use the site.
  4. kbak

kbak Member

I'm not happy either! I think we've lost all kinds of people because of this new board. I hope at some point they get the old post in chronological order so I can find my past posts.

5. nastaranjune

nastaranjune New Member

does this site not allow them or is it the fact that i can't access it?
  6. Chootik

Chootik New Member

Yes. I hate the new site too! The old one was much more user friendly and much less clutter!

I do have a question for you...

A while back you had replied to one of my posts regarding Urine Ammonia... I still seem to have this issue and was wondering if you can give me more info on this?

Bascially is the extra Urine Ammonia because my liver is not converting the Amonia through the Urea Cycle or could it be that I have a Bladder infection (which I think is systemic yeast that got to the Bladder) and that is why I have the extra Ammonia?

You had also mentioned that the Kiddneys release the Ammonia to regulate Urine PH? Not sure why the PH is off?

Basically I'm wondering how to fix this??? I am taking ABX to kill the infections but I am really bothered by this issue and want to see what I can do about it.

Thanks a bunch.
  7. luckyman

luckyman New Member

and am usually open minded. In this case, this board has definitely gone in the wrong direction! I still do a quick perusal, but find myself gravitating to other sites. Too many people have not adjusted to the new board, and it's time that they make a change. The old format was ok, but there are many other formats that are much better. The sad part is there are a lot of great people and information on this site.
    [This Message was Edited on 11/17/2008]
  8. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

I don't know how to, or if there is a way to, alter the font size on the post list.
    But at post & reply clicking on any of the three A's in small, bigger, biggest do change the size of font in what's being written or read.

I heard that maybe the icons to the left of messages might be done away with altogether but when I heard that, it hadn't been firmly decided yet.

Jorgie has suggested that board users send their ideas to comments@prohealth.com by e-mail.

9. TropicalGirl

TropicalGirl New Member

Hi Everyone!

I hate negativity...but I too, have to agree with everyone here. I do not like the way this new site is set up! The font is TOO SMALL, and the whole general feeling is much colder...I can't really explain what I mean, I just don't feel like I am among friends anymore. It is "too business-like" now. :(

Much love,

Tropical Girl

P.S. Yes, I do realize that we are able to "change the font size" to make it larger, but it is a pain to have to do it everytime I am on this site...I am sorry.[This Message was Edited on 11/18/2008]
  10. quanked

quanked Member

THE LIST of boards is gone! A drop down menu just takes a click! Much cleaner look.
  11. suzbee

suzbee New Member

I don't like it either. You can't get there from here. Drives me nuts.