I hate this disease

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by kellyann, Sep 25, 2008.

1. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I feel like I am on fire from the inside out! And my joints hurt so bad! It never ends! Even my eyeballs feel like they are burning! I guess you could say I'm in big flare up! I've been taking cephalexin 500mg 4 capsules per day for a week now. I also took a teaspoon of mepron this afternoon. I'll take one teaspoon per day for the next 2 weeks or so. That all the mepron I have left. I also took one amoxicillin 875 mg, will take one more before bedtime.

I suppose it is kicking some lyme germ butt, but it sure is knocking me for a loop! I'm just burning on fire! My hands are burning hot, you wouldn't believe how hot they are!

I sure hope this helps. Got to keep fighting!

I have a couple bicillin shots left, I may take those next week. I just want to feel better so bad, as I know you all know how I feel.

Please let me know how some of you are fighting this disease. Maybe I can come up with a better plan to give my doctor.

I would like to get the Iv abx but don't know how to go about getting my insurance to pay for it and I can't afford it. Besides, I read that you have to get a line surgically implanted into your heart, I don't think I could handle that at all, I am a chicken!

Help me out please?

Kellyann
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

my son wouldn't do it either, it is a big risk; but I sometimes wonder if he shouldhave (but couldn't force him to either as he was 18). But I have read that some did not get better until they did do IVs.

Sorry I can't give you any tips about pointers on how to get your insurance to cover it... one thing tho might be to read all the fine print on your policy concerning exactly what your policy covers.

Many health insurance contracts do read now that if one contracts lyme, the most they will cover is 1 month of IVs...

Sounds like you are still herxing big time. Do you get to give yourself breaks so your immune system can calm down a bit? Have you tried some of the detox methods? My son still thinks the olive oil/lemon juice drink works well... somebody else mentioned coconut muffins. So many things to try, I'm hoping you can find something that helps you to relieve the herxing a bit at least.

all the best,
    Victoria

3. kellyann

kellyann New Member

This is one problem I have found with this board. Hardly anyone answers when I post here.

I just wanted to know how some of you treated your lyme disease, and if you were having any success. I am still just as sick as ever, and wanted to see if there was something else I could try.

Thanks,
    Kellyann
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Thank you Victoria for your reply. I can always count on you! You are the best!

Thanks a million!

Kellyann
  5. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I have been treating my lyme since 1/08, I have tried doxy,
    amox,bicillin shots and now on Biaxin and Bactrim.

I still go through ups and downs, mostly downs. I am just going to keep trying everything I can to get well.

How long have you been treating? Sandie
  6. frango2

frango2 New Member

I'm sorry you are feeling so poorly. It can take some time to start feeling better.

IV is an option depending on how serious your symptoms are. Mine were mostly neurological so I decided to try IV.

I had a picc line, it was no big deal. I did my own infusions at home through a Groshung catheter. They are easy to use ( no heparin involved, which is a blood thinner to prevent clots ). A nurse came once a week to do bloodwork (CBC and liver function, and to change the dressing.) It did help me quite a bit. The line was put in through my arm- no surgery involved.

Some Dr's choose to use a Hickman Catheter which is inserted into the chest. It sounds worse than it is. If you are very active there is also the option of a Porto-cath. Again, a very small surgery.

Hang in there. You are on the right track and you will get better.
    [This Message was Edited on 10/07/2008]
  7. nyssagirl

nyssagirl New Member

Kellyann,
    Is it inflammation that you are feeling that makes you feel like you are on fire from the inside out? If so, I am going through the same thing and it is wearing me down in a fast hurry!!!! Neither heat or ice helps right now. I am taking pain medication that helps some. It is devastating.
    Nyssagirl
  8. Duesouth

Duesouth New Member

I have had that burning off and on for many years. I've found one thing that really helps the burning and also helps with a lot of pain that hydrocodone don't take away. One day I was out of pain pills and my wife talked me into trying one of her Lyrica capsules. It took the burning away and helped a lot with other pain. Now when the burning starts I take a 150 mg. Lyrica. It really works for me. Hope this helps someone with the awful burning. To me, it is a type of burning that can't be explained and it will drive you nuts.