I hate to leave even for a bit but must take a break

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Nov 2, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Hi All,

For 2 weeks I have been getting sicker and sicker and now it finally came to a head...

If I am lucky, it's just another Crohn's attack which any of you with Crohn's know this can really 'take you out', which it has accomplished!!!

The symptoms started with swelling of my upper middle abdomen and I thought that was strange. Then I had this gnawing feeling in the same place, the exact feeling I had months before my gallbladder was about to burst...Since it was removed years ago, It couldn't be that.

I was expecting my period and waiting for it to start wreaking it havoc, when I remembered that the past 2 months I had rectal bleeds and cramping accompanying the start of my cycle...Well, it happened again, only this time, I don't feel my right ovary this whole week, my belly is humongous and I have lost 10 pounds in 5 days (not the way I wanted to lose it)

I have no bowel sounds on the right or transverse colon and my stools are watery, yellow, tiny and bloody...I write down everything I do and consume each day in a journal but with so many possibilities, I can't seem to pinpoint a cause...My hubby 'knows' that this is related to my ovary and he is sure that it's either endometriosis again or scar tissue or worse...He is really taking this hard and is allready feeling sick himself...

The doc wants me to start prednisone again tomorrow after I do the stool tests, so if its anything like last time, I will be out of it for awhile...

Pray for me that its another attack, as bad as it is, it really can be worse...I've never had this much pain in my upper ab before, thats lasted this long anyways...I suffered overnite right before my gallbladder almost blew up and I have been having the same feeling but the severity only lasts seconds then it dulls again...

I am begging my doc doesn't want me to go on IV remicade like he threatened me last time...I can't, I won't!

I need some prayers please...Seems like its always something with me...BTW, very few symptoms of FMS/CF while all this is going on...Oh and somthing else, my doc said he is seeing many woman have bouts begin with onset of period...

One good thing is that my hubby has been doing a wonderful job around here...My yellow lab had a skin tag on his wee and he took him in by himself (shocked everyone at the vet that I wasn't there, of course they then knew there was sometthing wrong with me) but the doc called and I was there with them while they 'operated' on my baby on the floor with my husband and our fave tech...He is still bleeding at times and we are awaiting the biopsy from UNH, keep you fingers crossed for that one too, I just can't handle another loss...It's likely this attack was brought on partially by a death in the family...

I hope my father was right when he told me growing up "BETTER DAYS ARE COMING"

And to think I just won my SSDI and even though the extra money will help and the battle is over, it doesn't cure any of my problems...

Well, sending my love to all of you, play nice while I'm gone and if I CAN get on here, you know I will...

Play nice while I'm gone :) Peace~Alicia
  2. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry that you are having to go threw this. You have to do whatever it takes to get better. It sounds like you have a good support system. Prayers for you and your dog.

I know someone with Chrons so I know what you are going threw. Hang in there.Carla
  3. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

Hey sweetie,

I am so sorry to hear that all this is going on with you! I really am!!!!!!!!!! I am praying for you and keeping you in my thoughts and wishing you an answer and quick recovery!!!

Do you think it could be an ovarian cyst???? I have had these before and although they usually don't spread pain into the upper abdomen they sometimes do. Has your doctor done an ultrasound?

Please keep us updated!!!!! I will be worrying about you but I also understand that you won't be able to come on here all the time.

Take care hon!

(((((((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))

kate

Oh and one more thing...I am keeping your dog in my thoughts too!

You tell your hubby to keep taking good care of you!!! :)

4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

You take good care of yourself! Rest and find out what is going on with you!

Has your doctor recommended a scope of your colon? I worry about the blood in your stool and the weight loss. Please, make your doctor do further testing, if your stool tests are okay. As we all know, we have to be advocates for ourselves.... The medical community miss illness'.

I pray you start to feel better soon!

Take perfect care, sweetie,

Kim
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

I am praying for you sweetie. I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. I'm not here much any more but I'll pop in from time to time and look for you. Stay strong!

((((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  6. shootingstar

shootingstar New Member

Prayers are with you. I sounds as though troubles have truly been overwhelming. Hope you will be feeling better very soon.
  7. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

sorry to hear you are in such a bad way! Crohn's is awful to have, my 17 yr daughter has it.

Just wondering, why are you afraid to do Remicade? I know there are lots of side effects from it, but I've heard that it can help alot. Right now Jerica has just started Imuran and is back on Pred till the IMuran kicks in.

What meds are you on for you Crohn's?

Your dad was right, better days ARE coming. We just might have to wait till we get to Heaven to experience them.

You keep on keepin'on! God will give you the strength you need to carry on. Glad your hubby is being supportive!

Raz
  8. springrose22

springrose22 New Member

I'm very sorry to hear of all your troubles, and I really do hope that this all passes soon. You are in my thoughts. Marie
  9. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

sending hugs and prayers your way. I hope you will be feeling beter and back soon!
    Hugs
    Kim
  10. jole

jole Member

Please get some tests done ASAP! My nephew has Crohn's, was having severe pain, and the docs messed around for days before finding out that his intestine had burst. He almost didn't make it!!

He had a colostomy and it took him months and months to get better. Doing fairly well now, though.

Worrying about you! Please let us know how this all turns out. I too wondered about your ovary.

Lots of prayers and gentle hugs coming to your household for you, hubby and doggy.

Friends~
  11. kriket

kriket New Member

So sorry you have been feeling so crappy. We will miss you while you are away, but just try to get some rest and relaxation if possible. Best of luck to you.

kriket