i have a 4 part question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Oct 15, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

i see my pcp dr at antime i want, even if i have an appointment, she will drop the other client and take me, BUT I HAVE one big f$$$king problem with her, she will not give me any thing for my insommina, he told me i have to see a theapist.

will these so call theapist gave you sleep aide or zoloft, and przavv that my stomach cannot agree with.

at one ppoint she did gave me ambien with SUCKS BIG TIME, I HATE THAT PILL SO BADLY, 2 HOURS OF SLEEP, WHAT A JOKE.

CAN SOME ONE ANYONE PLEASE GAVE ME A GOOD NAME BRAND OF SLEEP AIDE, LIKE LUNESTA, IS ALL IM COMING UP WITH. IM VERY DROZZY, BUT CANT FALL ASLEEP.

ONE MORE THING, WHY WHEN DAY TIME COMES AND YOU TAKE SOMETHING TO SLEEP, YOU CANNOT FALL SLEEP THIS IS MY PROBLEM IN THE DAY TIME. IM WASTING MY SCRIPT WHEN I DONT FALL THE HELL OUT. PLEASE HELP ME GET A GRIP ON THESE SITUATION ANYONE IF YOU CAN.
  2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

1) Our brains have low GABA, a Pharma or Natural grade GABA might fix you up. Regular GABA is synthetic and doesn't cross the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB) per my neurologist.
    I take 250mg of Theanine, 1 gram GABA and 250mg of Taurine. These work together to make GABA in the brain.

Natural GABA is fermented using the same probiotic as the Korean food KimChi "Kim-chee".

2) Our diets are lacking in tryptophan. Do you get sleepy after a thankgiving meal? Turkey is real high in tryptophan. so are cashews. Dairy is 3rd place. Turkey dogs, turkey lunchmeat, turkey burgers.

3) From Dr. Teitelbaum, the hypothalumus take a big part in initiating sleep. Ribose (a pentose sugar) can help. It helps me. Others, it gives them a buzz.

4) Mercury toxicity? Dr. Andrew Cutler says that the hypothalumus has an affinity for mercury. Do you have dental amalgams?

5) Caffiene per the National Sleep Foundation, can disturb sleep up to 22.5 hours on the EEG.

6) Detox or die-off reactions can create neurotoxins. The Klinghardt approach is to use 1 TBSN of fiber and 1 tsp of clay (bentonite or DE) to absorb these toxins from the Hepato-Entero loop.
  3. hensue

hensue New Member

she was asleep about 2 hours with ambien she says the ambien cr works. I have a son in the army who cannot sleep. He is getting out soon I am so excited, his ssg staff sgt. Told him not to take it mind you I have a big son.
    Well he took it and it knocked him out for 12 hours.
    Ambien Cr

hope that helps I have to go to a pain clinic and they count every dose I dont care. I take klonopin and valuim sometimes with it.

Then again I do not know other meds you are on. I take a blood pressure pill and wellbutrin sr
    and darvocet this all for pain they will give me.

later hope you can get some sleep
    hensue
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

I missed that part. The pineal gland makes melatonin based on light from our eyes. Biologists use to call it the "3rd eye".

Tryptophan -> 5HTP (brain) -> serotonin (brain) -> melatonin (pineal gland)

What does melatonin do for you? 3mg max dose. Too much melatonin is bad too.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

Maybe you don't really need a pill to help you sleep. Your anxiety level about not sleeping is keeping you so tense that you would never go to sleep, no matter what you took.

Have you ever had a sleep study performed? If not, you should. They are not to be laughed at.

I had trouble like you. I had my sleep study done and found out that I have Obstructive Sleep Apena and that my oxygen level drops from 98 in the daytime to 74 when I'm in bed during the night (asleep or not).

I now sleep with a CPAP machine, which has a humidifer on it so my throat won't get dry. I also have an oxygen concentrator which pipes oxygen right into my CPAP machine. It took a couple days to get used to the CPAP mask, but now I could not sleep without it!

I hope you try the sleep study.
  6. sportsmom628

sportsmom628 New Member

Street 129,

I agree with JLH maybe it's not a sleep problem but anxiety and stress, I know mine was. My Doc GP specialized in Pain Management was very reluctant to put me back on Valium but only thing that helps my anxiety, panic attacks, stress which in turn I sleep alot better. This may be an option. I was on Ambien CR a couple of yrs ago worked pretty good but then stopped working for me, so now the Valium works better for me.

Good Luck,
    Hope you can find something soon to get rest!
    Gina
  7. Spacey

Spacey Member

when you see the therapist and tell him your problems, he will probably give you something different to try, thats his department. They actually want to help you. Seems like a lot of this stuff works for a while and then doesnt work so good anymore. Good Luck Spacey
  8. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

In my experience, my therapists have never prescribed meds, but my Psychiatrist Dr does. My therapists have been PhD Psychologists or Marriage/Family Counselors. I have always had to see 2 different people for meds and for therapy. The Psychiatrists are the ones who specialize in psych meds, oftentimes PCP docs won't rx these types of meds.

Have you ever tried Trazodone? It's an old anti-depressant that is given in low dose (mine is 50mg) to help you go to sleep and sleep more solid. I've had it for probably 10 yrs off and on, it's the best match for me. None of the meds made specifically for sleep (Ambien, Lunesta, etc) have worked for me.

Also, as another poster mentioned, L-Tryptophan, L-Theanine or Melatonin work well for some people. My sister swears by Tryptophan when she has problems sleeping due to anxiety and stress. You can get these OTC, where you find vitamins etc.

As usual, be sure it's ok to take anything new if you're on other meds. I just ask my pharmacist, I think he knows more about drug interactions than most doctors!

You might need a sleep study...I had one but nothing showed up. At least it ruled out any problems in that area, talk to your doc. The stress you're having over sleeping has to be part of the problem, I remember going thru that, yuck.

Happy zzzz's.............Hermit