I have a bad cold and CFS/FM symptoms have abated

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tulip922s, Jun 19, 2003.

1. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

This is my second cold this season and this happened to me the other time. Aside from the unpleasant effects of the cold,,,I feel better than I have in a long time. The overwhelming fatigue, body pains, IBS, fibro fog,,,etc.etc. don't seem nearly as bad.

In fact I have not had a nap (2 - 4 hours everyday normally) for the last couple of days. It's almost like the CFS/FM is gone. The last time I had a cold, it did the same thing, however, as the cold went away, the CFS/FM returned.

I was curious if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Thanking you in advance for your responses and have a wonderful day. Tulip
  2. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

Bump, bump
  3. bratqb

bratqb New Member

thats happened to me too! Isnt it odd? I had a very nasty cold yet my pain all but disappeared! I felt so alive, i thought my fibro had gone! LOL.. what a fool!!!
    When the cold went, the all too familiar aches, pains, fog reapperared!

Im so pleased for you! Hope it lasts for a while yet! Big hugs to you...

Bratqb
    xx
  4. Stillkicking

Stillkicking New Member

Yes, this always seemed to happen to me and many times I would feel better right before an illness. The attention of the immune system is may be diverted to the other more acute infection or the profuse viral discharge could be washing out bacterial infection in the sinus.
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

it's usually because I'm just about to go down with a virus. I too think this is because it distracts the immune system, or maybe just gets it working more efficiently for a while.

My friends have commented that they hardly dare say I'm looking well because inevitably I will be down with whatever is going around the next day. So even they have noticed this.

Cheers

Tansy
  6. bratqb

bratqb New Member

im sorry to laugh but your reply really amused me. Saying that your friends are scared to say you look well cause youre gonna be sick the next day! Omg LOL LOL

Its so true though, i know exactly what you mean!! But, Ahhhh, the little things that tickle me... Thank you for that little ray of sunshine, its almost 2am in the uk and im fighting insomnia. Grrrrrrrr.. that may well have helped me giggle myself to sleep!!

Bratqb
    xx

hehe
  7. bratqb

bratqb New Member

Hi guys

This has got me thinking. If what we is saying is true, isnt that something than can be looked into?
    Maybe a shot of some sort of virus wouldnt be such a bad thing! Nothing too horrible of course, but something to distract the immune system away from the CFS/FMS?? Yes, sounds a bit nuts but could it work??

Bratqb
    xx
  8. tulip922s

tulip922s New Member

for your responses. I just wasn't sure if I was the only one. What you said Tansy about feeling so good before it hit is exactly what just happened to me. For 2 days before I got this cold,,,I thought maybe, just maybe this dd was gone! I felt like I could run, hop, jump and skip again. And then I got the cold and knew better. The cold's finally getting better and the CFS/FM symptoms are returning.

Very interesting what you said brat about infecting us with some mild, beniegn virus that takes our immune system's attention away from whatever it's doing to make us so sick. I wonder if this avenue has ever been explored. Anyone else ever heard of something like this?

Wishing peaceful days to all. Tulip
  9. bratqb

bratqb New Member

Boing!!!!!!
  10. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi tulip

You mentioned immunisation as a possible treatment.

A significant number of cases of cfs were actually triggered by immunisation. Flu jabs etc have made a lot of patients worse.

But a homeopath may have a gentler and safer alternative.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 06/21/2003]