i have a cold, am I getting better?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by joanng, Jun 22, 2008.

1. joanng

joanng New Member

many of us with fibro never get sick...by that I mean the normal stuff like colds, flu, upper resp infections, etc. So last week I went on a diet and ate nothing except protein and fruit for 3 days. I was trying to lose 10 lbs quickly. I only lost 4 lbs but I did feel a lot better overall and I also started with a cold. Stuffy head, scratchy throat, etc. I was wondering if because I was getting 'better' by eating so good, my immune system slowed down a bit and allowed me to get a normal cold, like normal people do. Any thoughts on this? I'm stilling fighting it off and it hasn't really turned into a full blown cold or anything. I'm back to my normal food intake and I'm anxious to see what happens.
  2. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi Jo,

Great post - I often wonder how I never get colds or stomach bugs that go round - it's amazing really how sick we are yet some of us never get the 'normal illnesses'.

But then I guess a bunch of us prob take so many supplmenets. I do often wonder the same thing though.

Thanks for posting, hope you find answers.
  3. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I had the same idea. The first 8 or 9 yrs of cfs I didn't catch anything (even though I felt like crap 24/7) So, when I got a cold I thought my immune system was returning to normal & I was well on my way to 'life'(& there is that whole over active immune system theory). I was so excited! But, for me, it just led to continued cfs & catching everything that goes around now!! Keep us informed though!!!