I have a cold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JoFMS, Sep 15, 2008.

1. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

Hi All,

I have a cold for the first time in 5 years - I know someone posted recently about this as some of us dont' seem to get colds.

I am on a whole bunch of supplements so I think I've proved to myself now I haven't got a cold in the past because I've been on so many supplements but becasue my immunes system has been in fight mode the whole time.

I also wonder if my immune system might be settling down now and allowing me to be half normal!

Anyway just thought I'd post as I'm quite surprised about it!
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I think this may be a good sign.

I certainly interpreted it that way when this happened to me.

Ie I got a flu/virus after years of never getting anything.

Good luck.
  3. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

Same exact thing here! I've been on supplements for the last year or so but have not gotten a cold in 5+ years. The week before last I had a cold, and yesterday I got another one - so that's 2 colds in 3 weeks as opposed to no colds in years.

Wonder what's going on????????????
  4. layla1954

layla1954 New Member

After years with no cold, flu or sinus infection, I got a cold --- about 2 weeks into a really good remission. That was a month or so ago. The good news: when the cold was gone (lasted about a week, like normal) the remission picked up right where it left off! My interpretation was that my immune system has finally begun to function more normally, probably because of the supplements and dietary changes. I'd rather have an occastion cold like most people, than feel the way I felt for the last few years!!!
  5. ellikers

ellikers New Member

I love every cold I get since getting better from CFIDS ... "hooray, my immune system works! And I'm not having a flare!"

I got cold symptoms A LOT when my body was sick with CFIDS ... but it might have been a flare/breakdown of my system and not an actual virus.

Congrats on your cold (sounds weird to say)! I hope this does mean your immune system is settling down. Have fun with your runny nose and/or other symptoms. :)