I have a cookie recipe to try, and have a question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tandy, Dec 19, 2008.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi all~
    I found a recipe for double chocolate Giardelli cookies. They look crazy good!!!

I THOUGHT I ''d boughten all the ingredients but noticed the recipe calls for 5 teas. of unsalted butter,... and all I have is salted butter. (and margerine)

Do you think its gonna make a difference?? using salted butter?
    I don't wanna ruin a whole batch of cookie dough~
    (call me a cheap skate!! LOL)
    (this is one of those "what would you do?" posts)

hugs & wishing everyone a Merry Christmas
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Is it teaspoons or tablespoons of butter? I've never heard of a cookie recipe with only 5 teaspoons of butter- that would be really lowfat. As to the salted, I always use salted, then omit the salt in the recipe. They always turn out good!
    Happy baking!
  3. tandy

tandy New Member

I made them last night~
    They were very good!!! so rich tho. (I ended up with heartburn)
    :) it was worth it tho!

I only baked half last night and I'll do the rest today.
    yes,.. it was 5 teaspoons of butter.
    (low fat??? sounds like more reasons to have 2 or 3 instead of one)

I clipped the recipe out of womans day magazine.
    If ya like dark chocolate,... then you'd love these.
    next I'm gonna attempt to make homemade fudge for the boys~
    They've been asking me to.
    thanks for your help w/ this
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Here's a Great Fudge recipie!

Fantasy Fudge

1 stick Butter or margerine (1/4 lb)
    3 c sugar
    2/3 c evaported milk
    Melt all togeather in a 2-3quart sauce pan on medium heat to boiling stirring contantly for 5 minutes of boiling time (use a wooden spoon if you have one)

Remove from heat add 2 tsp vanilla
    1 cup marshmallow cream
    1-12 oz bag chocolate chips
    1/2 to 3/4 cup walnuts (optional)

Stir the above ingreidents in one at a time very well,,,
    pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan ,,,,let cool before cutting ,,you can let this set in the fridge for about an hour too,,,,,MMM,,so good!,,

Happy Holidays!,,,,,,,Sis
  5. tandy

tandy New Member

that fudge sounds easy and very good!!
    the recipe I found was the same, but only instead of marshmallow cream it called for reg. mini marshmallows.
    I wonder if I could use the same recipe and add peanut butter to some of it for chocolate peanut butter fudge???? (the wheels are turning :)
    thanks again for the recipe
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

You can add a 1/2 cup of peanutbutter to this recipie too!,,,if it gets to thick while your stirring it in just add another TBS of Milk,,,,that will work!,,,,,,Have fun!,,,,,,,sis
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

THANK YOU for the fudge recipe. Just today someone mentioned they were making fudge and I thought "I knew I was forgetting something!!!" Now I don't have to go look for my recipe!

When I make fudge w/peanut butter, I just add 'some peanut butter' and swirl it through. I guess you woudln't call it PB fudge but more fudge w/peanut butter but it's still yummy!

BTW- when things call for unsalted butter, I always use reg. cause I never have unsalted. I'm probably doing it all wrong! LOL
  8. sisland

sisland New Member

Your welcome! adding PB makes it taste like reeses candy,,,and the more you add the lighter in color it gets!,,,,and another thing thats really cool is that with all the different kind of chips out there ,,,you can make any kind of fudge you want now days,,,,,,Have fun!,,,sis