i have a job interview on friday this week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, May 17, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

don't ask me the date...right now...but it is only for part-time work...working for th county doing inhome companion care for independant people...no lifting or nursing care stuff...

it is only 10.50 an hour...but i am not getting child support and i need to somewhat supplement my child support...to pay the rent...

and i am still dealing with ssa/saying i owe more more just opened another letter yesterday saying i owe over 800 dollars on top of the one where they say i owe like almost 8,000...all for a worker's comp case settlement of 2,750.

i dealt w/this last summer and still dealing with it again...

told me i didn't owe anything then the next time i do...

well got to do that run to ssa office tomarrow after i get my move changes and orders taken care of...

well i don't need any luck on the job...they are really needed desperately and i had heard there are about six people where i will be moving that will need some help...it maybe running them to dr appt. making them toast or coffee cleaning up dishes or helping w/preparing meals...

well i figure no more than 20 hours and if it is too much for me then i can cut down..but i need to survive...

i have a son to raise yes he is now sixteen but he has foot ball already starting nextweek friday...till the middle of december...

he wants to get a job...he thinks...i'm not pushign the issue...he has the rest of his life to work..

my job to support us..

and little story about his heart...he had heard one of his friends from the football team got his gf pregnant..they are both in tenth grade...he said mom i want to save up 100 dollars out of my allowance for the baby because the new parents to be are still in high school and he knows how it is not to have child support...

i told him both of those kids parents allowed those two sleep overnight at eachother homes as if they were married..

i said i am sure they will have welfare and food stamps and the grandparents are already planning on raising and helping on paying for this new baby....

i said save that money in case your mom may need help sometime in the future....

the father to be is the fastest running back they have...

it's a shame they are going to be such young parents...i have friends that got pregnant at early ages around 16 years and have told me the difficulties they had...i could imagine..it is close as to what i am going through financially..but i had my teen years and 20's...

jodie
  2. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i did the read the post but i feel like i'm not sure if i could do the constant repetive motion because of my tendonitis in my elbow and the shoulders that are bummed from having surgeriers on them both...arithitis and bursisits....

jodie
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

glad you finished your classes as well....

jodie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

for monday at 1 pm instead..that is fine...

jodie
  5. kriket

kriket New Member

Good Luck with your job interview. Wish you the best.

Kriket
  6. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I'm happy for you jodie. My mother did this for awhile and enjoyed it very much. The last one she worked for didn't require much at all. She just sat with this lady and prepared her meals. She was also provided with a bedroom if she needed to stay overnight. I know there are ads here where I live for (private) sitters a lot.

Hope you enjoy this as much as my mother did.

BlueSky555
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i just need some extra money fo rthe child support shortage and the battle i am having with ssa over me owing them money and me saying they still owe me money...

i get to go there tomaarrow and pick up some meds for my arthitis and tendonits bursituis...

jodie
  8. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

io'm sure i will do fine...i just worry about telling them i'm on ssdi but that is ok...if it comes up i will tell them i have fibro and i believe i can work p.t. and would like to maybe work up to full-time...

if not i can always do call in only....no pressure...

thanks again

jodie
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You are in my prayers. Let us know how it goes.

Love, Mikie
  10. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

thank you for giving some nice prayers...that is so very thoughtful...

it will be sort of ironic i will be helpingout other people that need more help than i...i guess...

my friend who works for them already as an l.v.n. said i could have someone come over to my house and help me out and the state would pay for it..

but i am sort of private person...not that i have a lot of expensivie things or anything...i just do not like to have to be told to be at my home at a certain time...

i just make due..

jodie
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and had to rescedule for monday at 1 pm...so that is cool...

it will all work out...

i have to get a tb test and finger printed...

thanks fight

jodie
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She now is a companion for two elderly independent individuals. She said it is the best job she has ever had.

Again, good luck.

Love, Mikie

[ advertisement ]