I have a lot of knee pain, can anyone relate?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dainty45, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

My knees are really sore when I sleep, putting pressure on them, walking, walking up stairs, which I don't do much any more. If I walk on uneven ground it is even worse, and I cannot kneel on a hard surface at all. The pain from that is very bad! Any input would be appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!! SB
  2. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

sometimes it is hard, or hurts to walk.No suggestions really, maybe rest when you can, i am on ultracet and that helps with the pain.or a nice hot bath
  3. CarolK

CarolK New Member

Oh my knees are giving me the hardest time right now!! Both hurt soooo much! Walking is really painful, and turning over in bed at night... and even when I go to straighten out my legs, it feels like they have both locked up!

Then I will have a day where they don't hurt at all! Go figure. Of course I limp like crazy when they are hurting so bad... then the limping hurts my hips and back even more... kind of a "catch 22" situation!

My kids have even asked if there might not be something else wrong with my knees. I've never had them xrayed... perhaps I should... I just figured it was all due to the FM!

You are not the only one here Dainty with hurting knees! I sure wish there was something more that could be done to ease the pain! Perhaps I should get back on one of the joint support supplements.

Blessings to you Dainty... CarolK
  4. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Dear Dainty,
    I have a lot of knee pain, also. Mine was caused by many falls, usualy on cement, and by arthritis. I had an operation in 1991, and the sharp pain is mostly gone, but I still have a lot of problems, as I have arthritis spurrs under my knee cap, and they keep on growing back. I only had one surgery, as I could forsee having many, if I kept on. It was my Orthopedic surgeon who told me to get a disabled plackard.

I use ice, and sometimes heat. I also use Trameel, and rub it on . It helps some. Mostly, I just don't do the things I can't: walk more than 100 feet, kneel, climb stairs, or squat. I had to replace the gravel in my driveway with cement. I also can't walk on sand. I'm in pain every day, from them. I've just learned to live with it.

I decided to stop at one operation, when, I was in physical therapy with a young lady, (about 22) who had already had 21 surgeries. I quickly learned that one can end up having one surgery after another, with no real end to the pain.

On the positive side, my cousin had a knee opertion and did just great. She was in her teens at the time. I don't know if hers has come back.

Good luck.
    Terry
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

yes, but not everyday. Usually when I am in a flare then I get knee and hip pain and sometimes shoulder pain. It hurts the most when I go down the stairs for some reason. Once I almost fell going down the stairs at work. How embarrassing!
  6. Dainty45

Dainty45 New Member

Carolk, Thank you and everyone who replied, I know that I am not alone now, with this problem. My hips, back, and other things bother me also, even my feet hurt sometimes, just from a normal day. It has to be the FM, I have been to the doctors with it, to find out it is from the Fibro.

Take Care!!! SB